Zinc plugin prob...

SuperVegito

how to use petes gpu ogl plugin 2.8 in zinc??

hagbard

Renaming to "renderer.znc" should work

SuperVegito

when i start the zinc gui, the configuration utility is still the same
when i use cmd it says cannot open renderer plugin

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

hagbard

Upgrade to latest ZincGui and Zinc, it should work

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I never knew this was possible. Ah well, never too old to learn! Thanks for the valuable tip, hagbard :)

hagbard

alcoatjez said:
I never knew this was possible. Ah well, never too old to learn! Thanks for the valuable tip, hagbard :)
Actually it should be possible with Peops soft GPU plugin and OGL2, and after a little deeper testing I found only those PSX GPU plugin works with Zinc. The missundertood comes when using certain frontends like ZincFE, the "renderer.znc" is replaced by "ogl_renderer.znc" or "d3d_renderer.znc, so it looks the D3D/OGL PSX GPU plugin it's working while it isn't.

In summary I was wrong, only Peops soft PSX GPU and Pete's OGL2 might work with Zinc, but not Pete's D3D/OGL. Sorry for the inconvenience :eek: :p

Edit: Latest Pete's OGL2 also supports Zinc!

Last edited:

montpics

In other words, you should rename them to 'ogl_render.znc' if that plugin is OGL while 'd3d_renderer.znc' for D3D plugin. :cool:

hagbard

But make sure those are Zinc plugins, not PSX GPU :cool:

SuperVegito

I already used the zinc from this site. i renamed it too, but no luck!
there must be a reason for this. pete in his site wrote that this plugin is also for zinc..

hagbard

SuperVegito said:
I already used the zinc from this site. i renamed it too, but no luck!
there must be a reason for this. pete in his site wrote that this plugin is also for zinc..
You're right, Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU plugin works with Zinc here once renamed to "renderer.znc". You need to config it first on a PSX (PSEmuPro specs) plugin based like ePSXe, PSXeven or SSSPSX, to make sure it might run on your system.

Last edited:

SuperVegito

no luck using the lowest gfx..
in epsxe i had to increase the gfx much more than default for my card.
that just cant be the prob