Can i boot Swap Magic 3.6 (Burnt copy) with Swap Magic DVD 2.0

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Ive got an old copy of Swap Magic and when i run NTSC backups on my PAL ps2 i appears black and white. The newest version of Swap Magic is 3.6 and has the option to change from PAL to NTSC and vice-versa. If i was to download the latest version and burn it to a disc and boot it with my old version Swap Magic would the NTSC games play with colour?

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
I tried a simular thing with importplayer on psone and on the psone it was still black and white....

hagbard

TchuBacha said:
Ive got an old copy of Swap Magic and when i run NTSC backups on my PAL ps2 i appears black and white. The newest version of Swap Magic is 3.6 and has the option to change from PAL to NTSC and vice-versa. If i was to download the latest version and burn it to a disc and boot it with my old version Swap Magic would the NTSC games play with colour?
You can load cdloader, zoneloader, or cogwap loader with any Swap Magic version, for example, and most of those loaders got a PAL/NTSC selector. More info here

Btw, you can run NTSC games perfectly on PAL TVs with a PS2 RGB (SCART) cable

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I tried CDloader but it still plays in B&W

hagbard said:
Btw, you can run NTSC games perfectly on PAL TVs with a PS2 RGB (SCART) cable

This is the cable ive got. Is it the correct one to play NTSC on PAL TVs or will i need to buy a new one?
0f_1_b.JPG

hagbard

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Cheers Hagbard, I tried my ps2 without the adapter and it worked in color perfectly. Just wanting for they other cable to arrive now. Just one more thing thou. My swap magic DVD has alot of light scratches on it. Is there a way to copy swap magic or something similar that i can load on to a memory card that allows me to run ps2 backups.

hagbard

No problem :) About the backups, you might use the Independence memory card exploit, for example. Also, please note that the actual data on the SM discs it's recorded on the inner DVD section, e.g the very first LBA sectors

Last edited: