N-Gage Emu for Windows?

Tristan129

Hello everybody.
I am a newbe in Emu-things so sorry for this stupid question:bow:

I am searching after an Emu for Nokia N-Gage,so I can play handy games(like Prince of Persia:Two Thrones) and capture sprites.
Is an emu allready released or is it still on process?

Thanks for answer:bow: :bow: :bow:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few emulators that run ON the N-Gage but no emulators for windows, sorry.

montpics

Nope, from what I had search so far......

TheCreator

You could szee if you could try and find a java emulator, one that runs MIDP. 2.0, that's what i think the java platfrom for mobile games

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
There are indeed emus that can play Java games. I will sort through my favorites when I get home tomorrow and post a link :)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
alcoatjez said:
There are indeed emus that can play Java games. I will sort through my favorites when I get home tomorrow and post a link :)
Please do.
I used some official Symbian emulator from Nokia but that was shareware...and couldn't stretch image,only play in that tiny phone screen (there where 3 types I think).

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
This is a post copied from another forum:

Code:
Many people have asked, "can i play java (j2me) games on my computer?"
the answer is..."YES"

This is how you do it:
First of all, you will need Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE)
you will find mirrors to the download here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Next, you will need to get the software that lets you play the j2me apps (the mobile java apps) J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.1
you will need to register to download here:
http://sdlcweb2c.sun.com/ECom/EComAc...MLoadBalanced=
takes about 2 minutes, pretty simple

now when u install that, it will ask you where the virtual machine is, if u installed the previous software by default settings, it should be here:
C:\Sun\AppServer\jdk

now, you are almost good to go

now to run the game, u will need to run the *.jad file, u cant run the *.jar file
to make the *.jad file if you dont have it already, download this software
http://www.subfuture.com/nokia/jadgen.zip
here is an example of what youd type in:
if you saved a game called "game.jar" to the C drive, you will type in:
C:\game.jar

now you can play the *.jad file in the software called "Run MIDP Application ..." in the folder called "J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.0_01"

I haven't tried it myself, but good luck!
There is also an emu for N-Gage. You can order it here (yes, you will have to pay for it).

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thanks alcoatjez,ur a man of your word. ;)
I will try that out of pure curiosity...to see if it works.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
You're welcome, pbdizayn :)
I'm often at my GF's place during the weekend, so it happens more that I say I will post the day after. Most of the time I remember, but it depends on the amount of alcohol used that day ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
And the answer is....IT WORKS (2 out of 4 games tried by me)
See pic below,Tomb Raider.Also working was Chronicles of Riddick.(XIII and Rayman 3 didn't work)

LINK to N-Gage COOL!

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Nice to see it works! The Java emu should work for all games IIRC. So this is a screen of the N-Gage emu?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
So this is a screen of the N-Gage emu?
Nope.It's mobile phone games. :(
I dunno if the N-Gage emu is worth it considering the N-Gage was a complete failure.

EDIT: I tried that N-Gage emu,but it comes with XIII and Rayman,games that I can play FREE with the other option.They have a 15 execution limit.(bastards..it's the same stuff as GameMagic S60 emu and I bypassed that limitation)

GET N-GAGE COOL! emu HERE !
This is one item I won't buy.

Last edited: