help needed.. cant seem to get my Dragon force running... sigh

scar

sorry guys, i know this problem is getting old, but ive read and read everywhere on the net and tried all the possible solutions, but i still cant seem to get that game running. when i click on "run CUE/BIN" and load my cue file, the sega saturn screen starts and it stops at the spaceship thingy(the one with the play,stop,rewind,etc. buttons). so how do i go on from there? how do i even access and start playing the game?

- im currently using -

Dragon Force (US) [ bin + cue ]
Virtual DAEMON
Cassini 1.0

i wanted to play this game on a virtual drive and i read that D-tools pretty good for it. so these are steps that i did.

1) start daemon and mount dragon force bin file
2) start cassini ("auto choose CUE/BIN, CD rom region" ticked.)
3) Click on "Run CUE/BIN" and load my cue file

then this is where im stuck.. i dont know how to get the game started.if you know the solution, pls help and thanks.

hagbard

Cassini it's a hacked version of the commercial and dead GiriGiri project, so bugs are expected. If your CPU support SSE2, you might run SSF which it's currently the best Sega Saturn emulator.

scar

hey there, thanks for the replies. i did try what u guys said. about the cuemaker thing.. but i couldnt find any sound files that were in mp3.. as a result i couldnt make the cue.

guys, i got a feeling maybe my whole procedure of using daemon and casssini is wrong? maybe my cue file is corrupted as well. well i wanna play this game on a virtual drive.. am i doing the right steps?

i changed my bin file to iso and mounted that on daemon. after that i open up the cassini and run the cue file..? by right, the game should have started instead of going to the space radio thingy right? well in any case this is the cue files i have, i heard tat the line of "FILE" like for example "CD.bin" should be the same name as the bin file? or iso... k guys, i just wanna play this game without having to use a cd, sorry for being abit problemactic... but i have been at this problem since yesterday... plus im having less problems with cassini than ssf or sse :(

This is the original Cue file that came with the game:

FILE "CD.bin" BINARY

REM SESSION 01 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 00 62:31:40
REM MSF: 62:31:40 = LBA: 281365
INDEX 01 62:33:42
REM MSF: 62:33:42 = LBA: 281365

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported
REM 'out there'. IsoBuster however supports them !

But this is the cue file im using(i downloaded from a forum somewhere)

FILE "CD.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
POSTGAP 00:02:00

hagbard

It's much better to got the CUE-BIN, so this is not a problem. Also don't change you CUE-BIN into ISO, just mount the CUE file on Daemon Tools, but I'd use the original one.

The problem is Cassini I think, try other version, GiriGiri od SSF if you can.

scar

hagbard said:
It's much better to got the CUE-BIN, so this is not a problem. Also don't change you CUE-BIN into ISO, just mount the CUE file on Daemon Tools, but I'd use the original one.

The problem is Cassini I think, try other version, GiriGiri od SSF if you can.

mount the cue file on daemon? i thought it was bin file.. nevertheless i get the "unable to mount image: file not accessable" message when i try to mount my cue file.

montpics

Perhaps you may try to change the region to Europe (or others) to test it out. :)

hagbard

scar said:
mount the cue file on daemon? i thought it was bin file.. nevertheless i get the "unable to mount image: file not accessable" message when i try to mount my cue file.
The line where you read "CD.bin" should match with the real BIN file name.

hagbard

Genome said:
i would just use the newest version of gens b/c cassini is pretty ghetto imho. gens works good. i've played sonic cd on it.im sure it would at least be worth a shot.
We're talking about the Sega Saturn game Dragon Force.
Gens is a Genesis / Mega Drive , Sega/Mega CD , 32X emulator
Cassini it's a Saturn emulator
I think you get the picture :happy:

Last edited:

Roger

I just started on this tonight so please excuse my newbishness. I have got my bin mounted on dameon but what do I do with my cue? the same thing? I get an error message of some sort when I try to mount my cue. Also I can not run ssf 7 due to the fact my cpu instruction set is only MMX/SSE. When I try to run the program I get a crazy non language with only sse2 visable. So I guess I need SSE2 instruction sets. Is there anyway to update/ upgrade this. Is there any other Emulators out there that can run this game? I looked for info at intel's site but now I am really confused. Do I need a compiler or was I going in a completly wrong direction? So I guess I am asking is there any way to run ssf7 on a cpu with only MMX/SSE and if not can I add SSE2 instructions to my cpu through a download? My E-mail is XxZandarxX@yahoo.com. Any help would be great!

Last edited:

hagbard

Ever try to mount the CUE if possible, it will correctly process the BIN file.
About SSE2, if it's non implemented on your CPU, you have nothing to do to "get" them. The only way would be to buy a new CPU with SSE2, like any Pentium 4 or Athlon XP

Last edited:

montpics

Hagbard, actually Athlon 64, not Athlon XP which support SSE2.

(The fact is, I'm one of them who use Athlon XP! Doh!)

hagbard

Yes, you're totally right, I don't know what I was thinking :p

Vermillion

Hey all im still new to this site and to Emulating, so I came here trying to get some help with my Saturn Emulator.

I have tried to get the SSF Version 0.0.7 Alpha, to work, It is to a degree.
With the BIOS set (A US Bios) I can get to the option screen, but here is my problem.

I have Dragon Force (US) Version downloaded, I unrared it and have a Bin and a Cue files, I tried to Mount the Cue but I get "Unable to Mount Image, File Unaccesable" so I changes the name to Dragon Force.Bin(Also Changed the file to Bin from Cue), and it mounted the SEGA logo but then went back into the options with a option to "Start Appliacation" I pushed it but it goes to the SEGA Screen again, the screen goes down about 4 cms, and then It goes back to the Main menu.

So can someone please tell me how to get this thing working properly?, Ive been trying for ages, even more if you include my Giri Giri/Saturne/Cassini, trips, they all failed, this one is the closest ive gotten.

montpics

You can check it out through editing the cue file by using Notepad. Then you will see the filename of the bin and tracks etc. Change it whatever is needed.

Note : Try to make a backup of cue file if you don't know what you are doing. ;)

hagbard

Sega CUE maker might help you

Vermillion

OK after all the hell ive been through over 1 month for this one game...I have done it...Well it works for now, :confused: .

I want to thank montpics, for the info on changing the program with Notepad, what I did was change the name from, Dragon_Force.Bin, to Dragon Force.Bin, it then read the same as the Bin file, when I went to mount there was only one file not 2 like normal, I loaded up using Daemon tools, and then...It worked.
So after all the serching and Downloads all I had to do was swap a _ for a space..:eek:

Thanks for all the help people, and especilly montpics, I bown down to your mighty knowledge of go change the letters of the Cue in notepad info, ^_^

ragar200

Vermillion said:
Hey all im still new to this site and to Emulating, so I came here trying to get some help with my Saturn Emulator.

I have tried to get the SSF Version 0.0.7 Alpha, to work, It is to a degree.
With the BIOS set (A US Bios) I can get to the option screen, but here is my problem.

I have Dragon Force (US) Version downloaded, I unrared it and have a Bin and a Cue files, I tried to Mount the Cue but I get "Unable to Mount Image, File Unaccesable" so I changes the name to Dragon Force.Bin(Also Changed the file to Bin from Cue), and it mounted the SEGA logo but then went back into the options with a option to "Start Appliacation" I pushed it but it goes to the SEGA Screen again, the screen goes down about 4 cms, and then It goes back to the Main menu.

So can someone please tell me how to get this thing working properly?, Ive been trying for ages, even more if you include my Giri Giri/Saturne/Cassini, trips, they all failed, this one is the closest ive gotten.

Couple questions here, I am a DF fanatic too, but i'm unable to fix my problem.
Like you, I am running the ssf7 and the DF Us version.
I have a amd 64 cpu, but i'm running windows xp... i hope thats not the problem though.

I have googled, and have not been to understand what the STV portion is for, or what I need to get for it?

I changed the name from dragon_force.bin to dragon force.bin and I am able to mount the cue file, but I guess i'm just not sure on what to do after that. I thought you had to open up ss7, and I do, and it says there is no game cd, but I assume it has something to do with me not having anything up in the STV section...

can anyone help me please? My email is ragar200@yahoo.com

Last edited:

ragar200

emulators // ssf // help & faq
Errors and fixes
Error: "It failed in reading WNASPI32.dll"
Fix: I have Ahead's Nero installed with its most recent update. All I did to fix this problem was copy my WNASPI32.dll file from my /ahead/nero/folder to my SSF folder and the problem was fixed. If you haven't purchased the full version of Nero, there is a demo version available which should work as well from www.nero.com

Error: "It failed in reading a file."
Fix: This deals with the use of the Sega Saturn BIOS. Please rename your Sega Saturn BIOS to "boot.rom" and place it in your SSF folder where the executable is located.

Error: "Please restart SSF."
Fix: This occurs when you change a setting in SSF. The setting is saved in "SSF.ini". This is basically a prompt to restart the program for the settings to change.

Error: The game I’m trying to play says it isn't designed to be played on this system, or just goes to the Bios and won't load the game.
Fix: This is caused to the Saturn's Region protection. Just load SSF again, go to Options->Options-> and select the appropriate Area code for your game. Restart SSF, and the game should run.

On my system, these are the only problems I've ever had happen to me. Please refer to General Help for other possible solutions to your problems.
How do I play a game?
First, check to make sure you have all of the recommended updates in General Help.
Secondly, check to make sure you have the Saturn Bios renamed "boot.rom" and in your SSF folder
Third, insert your Sega Saturn CD into your CD-Rom drive.
Fourth, Launch SSF.exe

The first time you launch SSF, you will enter the Saturn bios to set the time, date, and language.
What keys on my keyboard correspond to the buttons on my Saturn controller?
Z key = A TRG
X key = B TRG
C key = C TRG
S key = X TRG
D key = Y TRG
F key = Z TRG
A key = L TRG
G key = R TRG
Enter key = Start TRG

F1 key = CD open
F2 key = CD close
F2 key = Reset
F9 key = Snapshot
F11 key = Window mode
F12 key = Full screen mode
Q key = Field skip +1
W key = Field skip -1
How do I speed up SSF?
Currently, Saturn emulation is very complex. The Saturn hardware is extremely complicated and synching all of its components is not an easy thing to do. The only suggestion I have is to buy faster/better hardware - but don't expect a dramatic improvement. One other thing worth noting is rebooting your computer and closing all background programs (such as anti-virus's) which eat up system recourses.
Where did "SMem.dat" and "SSF.ini" come from?
These files are generated by SSF.
SSF.ini saves setting to be used by SSF, such as region, CD drive, and other things.
Smem.dat I presume is where the Sega Saturn settings, such as clock, date, and language settings are saved.
SSF freezes after attempt to exit it.
I have this problem as well, and the only solution I have is to hit Control+Alt+Delete at the same time and close the program through Window's Task Manager.
What is TV Monitor Mode?
Basically, this dictates whether there will be scan lines like on a real TV or not. Not checking this option will remove scan lines, and allow for cleaner screenshots when compressed to a smaller resolution.
How can I change the default language for SSF?
In the /SSF/message folder, you will find a file called "default". Open this file and change the first line to the language you want - Just make sure for that language, you have a subfolder for it with translations of the error.txt and menu.txt
Uninstall
SSF doesn't use the windows registry, so just deleting your SSF folder does the trick.
back

ragar200

STV_bios\stv110.bin is what I have loaded in the STV Space... is this right? anyone know?

I've got it to where I can load to the Sega screen, then it cuts back to the config screen... where it says I can load the application (which leads to going to the sega screen the going back to config).

Really not sure what else I can try to fix this..

In the Bios, I have the bios file that is renamed to boot.rom... and the stv file that is stv110.bin ...

I have changed the name from dragon_force to dragon force within the dragon force (U) cue file.

I can load up SSF, and I can get it to detect the image, but it doesn't get past the sega loading screen... not sure whats going on

My current settings

CD DRIve - > generic drive which reads to my imaged bin (if i select my dvd drive it doesn't load at all)

cartridge - 4mb
area code - american (i tried the others, it won't load)

scanline -checked
auto field skip - checked
v synch wait - unchecked
use direct draw - checked

sighh..

email ragar200@yahoo.com or post it here for everyone...
I'd really appreciate any help that can be given... thanks

Last edited: