help needed.. cant seem to get my Dragon force running... sigh

ragar200

OK FINALLY found what worked for me.. after going to work in the morning on 2 hrs of sleep after trying to figure out what was wrong with this.. it came down to a naming scheme AGAIN.

ok..

step 1
I dl the dragonforce (u) rom

step 2

dl the sega saturn bios (google it, you'll find it), and don't forget the STV bios (should come with the bios in a packaged rar.. it did for me) -> put these in your SSF main folder as well.

step 3

DL SSF

step 4
setup SSF by setting up the bios and STV files.. i believe it says you have to rename the file to boot.rom ... i didn't , and it worked just fine.

step 5
open your dragon force rom rar.. extract it to a folder, and then rename the files... open the dragon_force CUE file.. and make it dragonforce.bin (NO SPACE)... instead of dragon_force.bin ...

step 6
THEN change the names on both the bin and cue file to dragonforce..

step 7
HOOK IT UP TO D-TOOLS

step 8 PLAY YOUR HEART OUT LIKE ITS 1999~~~~~~~~~~ WHOOO ENJOY

Zully

Ok, guyz... I did what it says above and I still have the same problem...

I have a AMD64 processor ... so CPU is cool.

I even updated my Drive's driver ... and no luck.

I used Sega cue Maker and stuff... I used Iso buster.... I followed every instructions accordingly...

And yeah, I WANT TO PLAY DRAGON FORCE!!!! :mad:

I also did the name trick --- > dragonforce.bin but no luck

what now? T_T

Edit: Oh and my emulador is SSF latest version. I also have Cassini, but cant get it to work there... Only SSF ...

Last edited:

Otaku Ichise

LMAO on SFF emulator i took the bios away and all of a suden it starts working my dragon force^^ i was like what the??!!

Roger

I'm Back. I got a new computer. I have the AMD 64 dual core processors. I think I have everything set up right. It loads the game. I get to the the opeinging move and SSF stops working........ So close. Can anyone help me. That is the ONLY error message I get. SSF has stoped working. View Details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SSF.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 45f2f369
Fault Module Name: SSF.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 45f2f369
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00018299
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 70b4
Additional Information 2: e53db49cd147b42cbd165a77aa45095a
Additional Information 3: 7647
Additional Information 4: 1b22385b9d3e722612c121ec1a96939d

I used a bios to get this running properly. My Cue file only like to work that much when I change the _ to a blank space. I don't get on the internet often anymore so it may be awhile untill I can check for a response. I use daemon and mount my cue. My os is Vista home premium. Any help would be great.
Oh i am using the SSF 008 alpha r7. This is frustrating. I am trying to remove the bios from the options to see if it will run that way but I can't get anywhere with that. I try deleting the location but it just comes back. So I haven't tried that yet. Thank you for your time

Zach

Two possibilities here. Either SSF doesn't like the game yet, or Vista doesn't like SSF.
It's most likely Vista though. But at any rate, Saturn emulation is not very advanced so you should keep that in mind

Last edited: