Flash Drives?

cloud4004

Dose anyone here use a flash drive? Can anyone recommend a good brand? I'm about sick of using disks you know?
-thx

mhl12

brand doesn't really matter for flash drives since they're getting cheaper and cheaper. Just look for a good price. There'll be a lot of good deals especially in the holiday seasons.

Zach

I disagree.. As with any product, Brands can still signify quality and reliability, especially so with memory chips. And if they are really getting so cheap, you should be able to find a decent Brand for a decent price all the same

onewecallgod

mhl12 said:
brand doesn't really matter for flash drives since they're getting cheaper and cheaper. Just look for a good price. There'll be a lot of good deals especially in the holiday seasons.
i do agree with this. there's only like 2 companies that make flash for these drives (samsung being the most commonly used) and i'm pretty sure just about all of them are just rebranded.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I only use an USB stick. A review in my local PC magazine said that the brand for these doesn't matter that much, since they could all stand their tests (which included washing them!).

Genome

north west south west
sry little late post. but i have a pretty kick ass flash drive. its a 1 gb and it cost me $80. however i have seen 3-4 gig flash drives for around $200 and that looked pretty good to me to.

cloud4004

$80? That’s not bad for 1 GB. However it is kind of late. I settled on a 256mb drive. With rent and car payments I'd feel weird spending over $50 on something like that. Thx though.

BTW, what kind of drive is it? I might look for something new once I see my check this week.

Last edited:

onewecallgod

if 1gb costed you 80 bucks, you got ripped off. it should be around 40 bucks, max