Need to find out retro game name, help me!

Gixer

Hi all

Hope you can help me - back in the 80s when I was at school I used to play an arcade game, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it involved platforms all on the one screen, and a guy who shot a rope into each platform to climb up it. He attacked the bad guys with a rope whip I think, but that's all I remember about it - it's a long shot I know but any ideas?

Also another game I used to play involved a guy who had to jump over a lot of things on a rolling screen, and threw small axes at the bad guys to kill them? Sorry I can't offer any more info but I'd love to find emulators for these two games! :(

Gixer

No that's not it - it was in the days of 10p arcade games with clunky graphics, darn wish I could remember more details :(

Gixer

If there are any emulator or classic arcade game websites that have screen grabs of tons of old games I'd be able to spot it there ....

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
nice Butters ;), wow umm at the arcade?? or a game console? or computer?

whip games that come to mind:

Castlevania
Earth worm jim, (not a whip)
Indiana Jones

Last edited:

Gixer

Definitely arcade, the huge standup jobbies that were 10p a game - ahhh memories. Paperboy, Xevious ... :wub:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I may be able to guess the first, if you had a bit more info on it. Do you remember the story line. Was he a miner or in a jungle? Or what type of bad guys where they. I know the grafix was not that great back then, but figured I would ask.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Gixer said:
If there are any emulator or classic arcade game websites that have screen grabs of tons of old games I'd be able to spot it there ....

Try MAWS. That should be enough screenshots ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Go HERE my friend,you'll find ur game for sure.Hope this will be of help,I know it's a pain in the ass when you can't remember something...I wish this will be of great help to you.We'll be talkin'...
They got'em (the games) sorted by name,manufacturer,genre and most important YEAR,the one you'll probably follow... ;)

alcoatjez...u beat me to it! by one minute...hahahaha... :D

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
alcoatjez said:
Haha! Too late! j/k pbdizayn ;)
Your damn right!I hope Gixer finds his game....:happy:

Gixer

ulaoulao said:
I may be able to guess the first, if you had a bit more info on it. Do you remember the story line. Was he a miner or in a jungle? Or what type of bad guys where they. I know the grafix was not that great back then, but figured I would ask.

It may have been a jungle-type setting for the game with the whip and the platforms. The game with the man and the axe, it had several different levels getting harder as you carried on .... I have a total memory loss trying to think of more details - after all it was 20 years ago :msn_cry:

PS Gixer is a SHE not a HE :D

Gixer

FOUND IT!

Thanks to that website - it was ROC N ROPE!

Just need to find the other one with the axes now.

Yaaaaay!! *goes to find emulator* :D :D :wub: :my_specoo

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I'm happy for ya ! :D