BitComet

buggesy666

i started using this a while back and was wandering if there was any way to speed up the download speed
i think 40kbps was the fastest i have got to!!!!
i have AOL gold broardband if that helps

hagbard

That depends the maximum download rate that is possible with your connection. Anyway, you need to forward the port/s you're using if you got a router, also open these ports if you have a firewall (the XP SP2 too) and/or antivirus. Limit your upload rate to around 75%, don't allow too many connections (it's also hardware dependent though). On Win XP SP2 sometimes helps patch the TCP limit to allow more connections, do it at your own risk though.

More onBrian's BitTorrent FAQ

Last edited:

onewecallgod

port forward all ports from 10k-60k, set your upload to 12kb and max upload connections to 4kb. i beat my record earlier today with 513kb/s with a 6mbit cable connection.

buggesy666

well i just put in a wireless home network (speed touch) and cant change the firewall settings (dont have a clue how to) i cant use internet explorer or login to my msn messenger because of it i think?
so how can i change my upload rate and connections im new to bitcomet :confused:

hagbard

Check this site. I prefer uTorrent btw, latest BitComet (0.60 I believe) it's being banned from private trackers now because of DHT problems: Looks like peer sharing works no matter if it's deactivated

Last edited:

buggesy666

ok i got rid of bitcomet and just downloaded utorrent
were do u get the torrents from? i used *REMOVED* for the bitcomet torrents

Last edited by a moderator:

Jale

Please, don't say torrent sites and you know that there's a lot of illegal stuff there so you can't ask for them.