Bin and Cue

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
I have a Bin and Cue file, how do i turn them into a CD or ISO?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If you have Nero installed from the main application go to Recorder > Burn Image . You can also use Alcohol 120% or any other program that supports bin/cue files to change it to a cd.

As for turning it to an .iso file, why do you want that? You already have an image file.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
As for turning it to an .iso file, why do you want that? You already have an image file.
Well am I able to mount the Cue and Bin, be cause on of the disk images i have is larger that 700MB

onewecallgod

.bin CD images are essentially the same as .iso images, just different extension. you don't actually need the .cue file to mount/burn .bin images.

is this a dvd image?

hagbard

And more info here

ticktock said:
Well am I able to mount the Cue and Bin, be cause on of the disk images i have is larger that 700MB
700 Mb of a .BIN image are not the same as 700Mb CD-R, 74min. standard. From afterdawn (which are not 100% correct btw):
On a 74 min CD you can fit very large RAW images,up to 333,000 x 2352 = 783,216,000 bytes (747 Mb)

Just btw
onewecallgod said:
.bin CD images are essentially the same as .iso images, just different extension.
.ISO images are always Mode1/2048 bytes/sector, however the content might vary: For example, if you burn a .ISO image from a PSX CD, it won't ever run because you need to extract the data sectors (Mode 2/Form1/ 2352 bytes/sectors). So both CDs and DVDs images are possible

.BIN files are RAW 2352 b/s and CDs only.

onewecallgod said:
you don't actually need the .cue file to mount/burn .bin images.
Hmm... wrong. If you burn/mount a .BIN with CDDA tracks, standard CD audio, without the correct .CUE, you will get only one track so not correct data. That would be correct for 1 track Mode 2XA images (every PS2 CD, most PSX but not all)

Edit: Just remem to mention a real .bin image can't work on a DVD

Last edited:

onewecallgod

i've never had any problems with burning without cue sheets, nor do i know or care about the technical aspects of iso vs bin /shrug