MAME .102 Questions...

Hey folks,

I first found MAME way back in 1997 any I downloaded a metric TON of ROMs and I followed along up untill v.34 was released.

Since then life has seriously interfeared with my retro gaming freetime.

I just found a CD I made way back then and was playing some Dig-Dug and decided to see if MAME was still around.

I found this place right off the bat and downloaded MAME32 v.102 thinking a Windows version would be a good thing.

But MOST of my games don't work in this new version.
What's up with that?

Do I have to "re-aquire" all my ROMs?

Please Help,
gNOMEintheRedHat

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
For the most part you will need the roms to match the vision of your mame. There is tons of support out there for this but we cant help much since thats kind of a rom reuest. A few googles and you find what you need. In short Yes you need the right rom versions.

You could also try to find the version of mame you had back then. I think there are a few sites that host them still.

Last edited:

hagbard

Clrmamepro or Romcenter would help you for sure, fixing some romsets if possible.

Last edited:

montpics

hagbard said:
Clrmamepro or Romcenter would help you for sure, fixing some romsets if possible.
That's the least you could do for now. If some of the files missing in a ROM, then you need to find them through Google.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
hagbard said:

I still don't understand people who manage their MAME collection without a rommanager (no offense, gNOMEintheRedHat :))