Kawaks command-line Problem

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
winkawaks -help

should bring up help like the release notes say, I would think?

winkawaks kof

should bring up king of fighters, This is providing I'm in the correct <dir>. In my case any other people I have talked to this doesnt happen. Any one know why?

hagbard

I didn't ever find in Kawaks docs nor website, (now defunct, before moving to CPS2shock) that this emulator support command line options. This is not a bug but a non implemented feature, however I think it's OK to work with the GUI at least in this case

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Here is the Release notes i read...

Kawaks v1.33 Released
This excellent CPS-2 emulator was updated to v1.33. Here's what's new:
Driver for Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (Japan 970913)
Added region switches and automatic macro reverse in MSHVSFJ and MSHVSFJ1 (totally forgot about these in 1.32...)
Added Paths configuration dialog box (in File menu)
Changed The King of Fighters '99: Millennium Battle to support MrLee/BillyJr's new dumps. No need for kf99_s1d.rom anymore.
Added All/Only available/Only missing filters for Load game dialog box.
Changed the save state format for the better: Kawaks can still read all the old saves, but new savestates are about 7 times smaller !
Command line support. You can start a game from command line, now. Type WinKawaks.exe -help at command prompt for more info Example: WinKawaks.exe ffight -fullscreen
Added some new tracklists, courtesy of DarkCloud
Added video memory allocation control in the Video menu
Added autodetection of the best video memory allocation on first time run
Added PNG screenshot functions.
Screenshot (unfiltered) saves a screenshot without edge enhangement or scanline effects
Screenshot (filtered) saves exactly what you see on screen
Download it from the Arcade Emulators section.

As far as I can tell Kawaks and winKawaks are on in the same. Either way I want this option to work:

WinKawaks.exe -help at command prompt for more info

Maybe I didnt understand you?

hagbard

Yes, it reads "Command line support" so you're right about it was written, but I tested it with 1.36 (released back in 2001) and up because I'm missing 1.33 : Didn't work in any version so I guess it was either mistakenly written in the docs or just removed after 1.33.

Last edited:

hagbard

No problem, actually you got the answer before me :p