Advice needed on doing something reeeal bad! <.<

Tsura

In short, I'm trying to make an ISO of Wild Arms so ePSXe will play it, I'm having no luck with using a CD-ROM...How does one go about doing this?

hagbard

Nero, Cdrwin, CloneCD... I recommend Cdrwin though

montpics

Or ISOProducer as well. Just test and try if you have those programs.

Tsura

When trying to make an ISO with ISO Producer, it says something about being unable to read data from medium at LBA 1, I only get one track. I doubt that's the entire thing...What do I do?

hagbard

I think your problem it's about ASPI or IOCTL. Check this thread

montpics

Tsura said:
When trying to make an ISO with ISO Producer, it says something about being unable to read data from medium at LBA 1, I only get one track. I doubt that's the entire thing...What do I do?
Let me ask you one question, can you manage to explore the PS CD itself? :rolleyes:

Possible problems on my mind :
01. Bad CD.
02. Poor reading from CD reader itself.

hagbard

Stop working on LBA 1 it's a bit suspicious so perhaps

03: missing/corrupted ASPI layer, or IOCTL not accessible/not Win2k/XP.

Tsura

I can explore the CD. I know it's not a bad one, because I played it on my PS2 before the system wigged out and refused to play PSX games anymore, hence why I'm trying to do this. I'll try using what was mentioned in that thread.

montpics

Taken from aldostools about ISO Producer :
Pete's Plugin can be optimal used to damaged cd's, or cd's which are protected with damaged sectors, since it has some nifty features. We recommend these settings in the plugin : "Caching mode : Async read", "Try to limit speed : Off" and "Don't wait until drive is ready : On".
Good luck. :)