Zinc help

tekkenman

I am using zinc 1.1 with aldos 2.03 frontend. when i load Ehrgeiz or Tekken 3 the screen i get is

Initializing
Jamma video standard
step 1
main reset 0
i / o 1 = nothing
i / o 2 = nothing

I can play these games no probs from the cmd line its just when i use a frontend i get this problem. the frontend (aldos 2.03) uses winterblast 1.5 & i upgraded to winterblast 1.6 to recognise system 12 controls. I have tried overwriting the winterblast 1.6 with the jamma keyboard plugin which works from the cmd line without the frontend!! Anyone come across this problem & solved it.

montpics

Try to use other frontend such as Dafreak's ZiNcGUI. And make sure that you have a complete romset of those games.

Note :
I had come across with key configurating problems on System12 games but somehow I solve it in the end.

tekkenman

Ive now tried zincgui 1.9.5 & am stuck on the same screen, although with zincgui you get a problem list in a cmd box. Its trying to access P1 & P2 joysticks & theres non connected. Is there an option to make it ignore the joystick option & select the keyboard setup, which would allow it to continue in to the game? I have all romsets needed to play games.

hagbard

Try deleting controller.cfg too and start from scratch. I have better results with Alsdo's Zinc FE, so I use Winterblast and check the "Use DirectX" box. It's not easy, but it migth worth the try. Good luck

montpics

tekkenman said:
Ive now tried zincgui 1.9.5 & am stuck on the same screen, although with zincgui you get a problem list in a cmd box. Its trying to access P1 & P2 joysticks & theres non connected. Is there an option to make it ignore the joystick option & select the keyboard setup, which would allow it to continue in to the game? I have all romsets needed to play games.
Yes, you can. By configure it yourself on that key configuration section from ZiNcGUI section. :)