Revolution

Genome

north west south west
so i was planning on getting it anyway. but then i heard that twilight princess was moved to it and i though wow okay even sweeter deal. then i got to thinking. anyone know if it will be easy to hook it to a pc. i would love to have a dedicated machine to keep all my emulation on. not sure if it breaks the rules to talk about that but i assume it isnt since ppl talk about xbox emu.

hagbard

The only problem I found it's too early to know about homebrew on Revolution since not even isn't released but few details are confirmed, but probably won't be too hard to connect it to a PC: HD, USB ports, etc. Anyway the scene might take some time to work on homebrew applications because of the expected protection.

About Twightlight Princess, I've never heard to be released for Revolution.

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
i heard that it was moved the other day on g4 (video game tv channel).

i assumed it would take a while to develop the means to do it. i was mostly wondering if nintendos roms would be .nes .n64. etc format or something similar. and if the emulator software they use will be able to run the roms that are out on the net.

just a thought. the revolution should have ports that can support every controller nintendo has ever had. that would be the ultimate way to do it.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
just a thought. the revolution should have ports that can support every controller nintendo has ever had. that would be the ultimate way to do it.

How would you do that? The NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube all have different plugs...

Jale

And it'd take a lot of space. I don't know if it will be compatible with Gamecube controllers, so it can be used to play NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games.

Genome said:
i was mostly wondering if nintendos roms would be .nes .n64. etc format or something similar.
I think so. Just like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest for the GameCube.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Butters said:
I think so. Just like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest for the GameCube.

These games were not really in this format. They were extracted from files on the GC disks. But you are right in the way that they were in the same format (after extraction) we use to dump the games.

hagbard

Genome said:
i was mostly wondering if nintendos roms would be .nes .n64. etc format or something similar. and if the emulator software they use will be able to run the roms that are out on the net.
I bet the official Revolution emulators won't be able to play today's available dumps, probably they will use protected/signed software to avoid that.

Last edited: