language translator for snes emulators?

dizzy

I was wondering if there was any files or program that will automatically translate a japanese game for an snes emu? I was told there was , a .bat file, if you will. can someone help?

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
I belive you have to patch a Rom with a lanuage patch, someone correct me if I'm wrong

dizzy

that sounds great but i dont know the process or thew proper files.

P.S. I will miss him as well............LIE,CHEAT AND STEAL.

onewecallgod

ticktock said:
I belive you have to patch a Rom with a lanuage patch, someone correct me if I'm wrong
thats correct.

try searching on google: [insert game here] de-jap. i got one for a DBZ rom years ago.

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
for being an Eddie fan tell me the name of the Rom you wanna translate, Rom patches are Not illegal, so I can provide you with the patch if its possible

mhl12

there are language packs online that are very easy to find. Just search for those on google.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If you want a translation, make sure your ROM is OK (check with NSRT. If the ROM does not have an header, add one with NSRT (command:NSRT -addhead romname). Then look here if a translation is available. If so, download the ips file and patch it with Lunar IPS.
I know it takes some work, but it's well worth it. BTW, a lot of ROMs are also already in their translated state in the Goodsets.

hagbard

Actually it's not needed to patch the ROM because of the auto patch feature in Zsnes and Snes9x. To take advantage of this function rename the .ips like the ROM's name or the zip if it's compressed, then place it on the same folder as the ROM or on the sram one you previously selected. Of course keep the ips extension, just make sure the name matches. For example:

Super Castlevania IV (U) [!].zip -> ROM file, if it's zipped
Super Castlevania IV (U) [!].ips -> ips patch (translation), on the same or on the sram folder

It works perfectly with Snes9x or Zsnes, but in the last one you need to enable the auto patch feature on the "Config" -> "Options" menu.

Also some translations need a valid header as alcotjez said, but a few won't work with it, so some times you'll need to remove the header if exist. The best way to know it it's reading each translation documentation.

Last edited: