EKMame:Recording to AVI question

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Hello guys!
I got this emu (EKMame),'cause I wanted to record mame gameplay to .avi instead of just .inp...
Every time I try to "Play and Record to AVI" I get this error:EKMame32 Could not open '%s' as valid input file - ,and I get a zero lenght file in the avi folder and the emulator crashes (closes to be more exact).
Anybody knows how to make it work?

I found another build based on the EKMame (HK2 V8),but that doesn't work either.Please help. ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
ticktock said:
just to get this out of the way, do you have the divx codec?

Hi...ticktock!
I've got ALL the codecs in the world...XviD,DivX,Cinepak,Indeo,3ivX Pro (I like this one),huffyuv,Ligos,Elecard,Mainconcept,muxers,demuxers,whatever...AND I DO know how to use them.

The problem IS...this Record to AVI in EKMame doesn't work.
ticktock,can you help? :eek:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
probably not, but i think mame32 0.100 might have a record feature, its the mame i use, but i don't know how to work the record feature, if it has one
when i clicked file, one of the options was "Play and Record Input"
give that mame a try, but i can't really help beyond that,
cuz i dont know

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thanks anyway ticktock,Play and Record Input just records an input file,in no way related to .avi.I use (normally) mame v0.101 Plus! cuz it has lots of blit effects,but I tried EKMame for its Record to Movie option,but the bastard doesn't work.
Oh well,I'll keep trying,maybe someone knows what's up,but I know the older mame supported Rec2AVI,then it was taken off...

I simply don't know why I get the error...everything seems to be on place...

bobross

This is the solution. Ignore that error and start the game, press the "home" key, the AVI will record as planned.