Newb here, I need help with Neogeo and a rom...

hyperkon

Hello there. I got Neogeo Rage X some time ago with that neogeo.zip file and I got SVC Chaos. I t plays games like Metal Slug/KOF fine but when loading up SVC Chaos, it stops with an error "unable to program roms". Its in the rom file and everything, zipped up as well.
Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Check my thread here
http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=4728

...or simply search the forum for SVC Chaos..you'll find the answers
I recommend you Nebula 2.24 with a loader but you must find it yourself since loaders are illegal on this forum :)

Try Kawaks too..NeoRageX is sooo old...

hyperkon

Thanks for the help guys, I got it working. But the only problem is that during the game when there is dialogue, the game freezes. Why is that? Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've got other emulators like nebula and kawaks but SVC chaos is not listed on there. If it can't run on neoragex then i'd rather use nebula. I have no idea how to use kawaks.

Last edited:

montpics

Read through the thread in which that question had been answered about editing a romdata file on Nebula. :cool:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
hyperkon said:
Thanks for the help guys, I got it working. But the only problem is that during the game when there is dialogue, the game freezes. Why is that? Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've got other emulators like nebula and kawaks but SVC chaos is not listed on there. If it can't run on neoragex then i'd rather use nebula. I have no idea how to use kawaks.

hyperkon,you will have to search here
and here

Now...if you read carefully you'll now what to do.(or what the fuss is all about)
I got it working pretty fast...it's easy.If you're a total noob in computers you won't make it.Still,you don't need much PC knowledge,man.
Here's what you need,in short...Nebula 2.24 with a loader (or Kawaks with loader,but loaders are illegal here you know),and a rom called svchaos.zip with the correct CRC.(you can see the CRC in WinRAR).
If the CRC's don't match you have to edit them in notepad and save as .dat file.Kawaks is pretty much the same as Nebula,SVC Chaos is working in both emulators.

p.s. - don't bother with NeoRageX,I don't think it can work on this emulator... :) :)

Last edited:

hyperkon

So I got Nebula 2.24 with a loader. And I found it when loading the game. When I double click it, its says: Error - svc_p1.rom svc_m1.rom missing. Continue?
When I press Yes, Windows says its a non-responsive programme and must shut down crap.
So is this something with the CRC thing?
Thanks in advance.

Actually I got those files(.rom) in another faulty rom except for the svc_m1.rom I have a svc-m1.rom, and I put them together. But when I load it says svc_p1.rom "Bad CRC Expected 1CC8FB7A, Found 7BDC4420.
Do I have to change the CRC or something?

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Hey...you're half-way there.
Change the name of the file and CRC according to what the emulator expects...and you're set.Also on my emus it works even without setting the correct CRC...I've set it just to be everything perfect.

Here's a pic of mine...don't worry if your CRC's don't match mine...

Last edited:

hyperkon

So how exactly do I change the CRC? I think I did something wrong when I tried to change it in Notepad or something, I can't save as a .rom file no more.
Mine is almost the same to yours pbdizayn except for that svc-m1.rom.
Thanks and Thanks in advance.

montpics

Even you did something wrong, you can change back to *.dat file by renaming them. :)

>CLICK HERE!< (For anyone who had problems renaming files ONLY)

Note : You can change CRC from *.dat file by editing. :cool:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
hyperkon...You hit mouse2 on the .dat file where the games are listed and open it in Notepad,cahmge the CRC's you need,then simply close it from the top right corner and you'll be asked if you want to overwrite,click YES...and you're done.

I don't know what you said,you weren't able to save it to .rom ?!?

Last edited:

hyperkon

Oh crap! I tried to change the .rom files. OK I'll try again but with the .dat files. Thanks for the info.

PS. - Regarding the .rom files, yeah I could only save them as note files.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Search for the .dat file which has your game listed and change the CRC.
If you got all the files needed,I don't think Nebula cares a lot if the CRC's are correct...or was it Kawaks?
Man,they twisted my mind,there are too many emulators in this world :)

Last edited:

hyperkon

Cool! I got it working! Thanks guys for all the help. I'm using nebula 2.24 with a loader and works brilliantly.
Once again thanks for all the help!:D

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
No problem,man...Happy to be of help.