About emulating KOF

Bisi

Hi everyone

I am not a computer guy, not even a games fan. But I really like The King of Fighters and i would like to play it on my laptop.

First, I downloadead a KOF2000 that had 77,2MB from ROMNATION. It seens that its very difficult to get a rom that works. I downloaded MAME32 0.76 and I dont know how it works or even if this is the right emulator for this game.

Anyway, I unzipped the game inside a "directory" folder inside the MAME`s directory. In a huge list of games I double clicked KOF2000 and it loaded some stuff, but said

"sfix.sfx NOT FOUND
sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND
sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND
000-lo.lo NOT FOUND"

Should I forget this ROM and look for another one? Or am I with the wrong emulator?

Sorry for all this newbie doubts. If anyone could help me and make playing this game possible from me, I would be very pleased

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
You might be missing the Neo Geo bios. Try finding a file called neogeo.zip, it should be less than 1mb.

Bisi

Thanks for the answer. But im affraid I'll need some more answers hehehe

Where can I find it?

When i download a ROM, where should I save it? zipped or unzipped?

And I am on a XP Home machine. Is that a problem?

If anyone have ever downloaded a working KOF2000, is 77,2MB zipped close to the reality?

Sorry for the bad english, but im from Brazil

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There is a rom or roms directory inside the mame folder. Put the ZIP file there. As for neogeo.zip try using Google and put it in the same folder..

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Originally posted by Bisi@Jan 27 2004, 01:54 PM
And I am on a XP Home machine. Is that a problem?
:blink:

You can use MAME on it, yes. But if it's anything like the Windows XP install I have, it's still a problem. heh

Mourgos

Works fine for me.Now that I think of it ,I have a lot fewer crashes on WinXP than on Win2000,or WinMe and that's not just on emulation applications. -_-