FINALLY A GUIDE TO EASILY BURN SATURN ISOS

montpics

The easiest option is the click on 'Folder Option' and enable something that will let the extension showed on screen. :cool:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well the extension is on screen.

boot.rom

BIN FILE

reads under the file,still my ssf_006 doesn't work?

Which other possible error could my PC have?

montpics

Maybe I should slap myself harder this time. :eek: (OUCH!)

Show01
Let me show what those from MyDocument. (Note : This is not my PC) You will see those files are doc file right? You can't see the file extenstion after the file name is shown as it did on that pics. But how will you let the extension files shown on screen?
Show02
Simple, click on Folder Option as I told you and disable what I did show to you on screen and apply.
Show03
After that check those doc files on the same place. Notice that the file extensions is being shown after the file name? Then you can rename it what file you want.

Note : After renaming it, it is best that you enable that option again to avoid any possible problems.

Try SSF again. If it works, it will show the BIOS screen. Then try to change the region to Europe and exit it. Try it again and you're DONE! :D

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I will try at once,i hope it works,many thanks man :)

Man i finally renamed it,wow many thanks for that,now i am at the black screen ,but is all in JAPANESE,i don't understand nothing,if you can show me how to set region to EUROPE with pictures again it would be greatly appreciated man.

MANY THANKS AGAIN

Actually is the screen with A YELLOW BALL POINTING AT A JAPANESE WORDS and there are some language ENGLISH ITALIANO ESPANYOL DEUTCHS FRANCAIS,so how can i change the region here????

I guess i just need to select any of the european languages,but can you please tell me the controls of this emu,i can only move with my arrows.

Many thanks and don't slap yourself too hard ;)

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hey montpics i am at the screen where you were first,you only had a MUSIC CD,this is where i am,i think its because i don't have changed the region from JAPAN to EUROPE,so please tell me how to change it,and after that i will really be done with this topic.(FINALLY AT LEAST I HOPE SO :) )

darkrangerred

So I'm reading the guide to burn Saturn ISOS.

I've gotten the Dragonball Z Shinbutoden ISO from a site and wants to try playing it with the SSF

So if I tried to apply the methods there, all I have to do is use Nero 6 and burn the image at once and converts all the music files into .wav?

Is there anyway to use Easy CD Creator for this since I don't have Nero and what would you recommend for a MP3 to.wav changing program.

Thanks in advance.

hagbard

Imho there's no point to burn Saturn images unless you want to play them on the real console, I think emulate the ISOs with Daemon Tools it's way better :p

MP3 to WAV? With WinAmp for example, select the output plugin NullSoft Disk Writer, and set up the folder, format, etc. Anyway the TOC won't be correct due the imprecission of the MP3 format. Really a shame. More info the SNK/NEC TOC database by Squaresoft74 (Tutorials section). It's not about Saturn but the info about TOCs and MP3 it's the same for every lossy enconded CD audio tracks

Fire1805

Im seeing a lot of good emulators here so i guess somone can help me out :) .
i got the WinRar file of SOTN on the net and got it on ISO :happy:
but then..............when i load it it says that the CD-rom is incompatible.:(
can someone please help me?
i did change all the options and switched it like needed but it just dont goes.
please help me
thanks in advance
Fire:D

:my_withst

hagbard

Just by the case, are you sure you got the Saturn version?
You can mount the ISO with Daemon Tools, then use this virtual drive with the emulator

Last edited:

Fire1805

Im sure its the SATURN version else it would run on my ePSXe :glare:
but can u explain about daemon tools a bit more i dont know how to use it:(
anyways thanks a lot
Fire1805 :ninja:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Daemon Tools is a program that creates virtual image drives.Download it/install/reboot.
You will have a new icon in systray.Click mouse 2 and choose mount image.Go to the folder of your image,double click and voila...you have just inserted a DVD/CD in your virtual drive.

hagbard

Fire1805 said:
Im sure its the SATURN version else it would run on my ePSXe :glare:
The PSX version might not run on ePSXe if it's not properly configured or there's a driver/hardware problem. If you can browse the CD image, any PSX game should have a file named SLUS/SLES/SCES/SCUS/SLPS/SPLM then some numbers
Fire1805 said:
but can u explain about daemon tools a bit more i dont know how to use it:(
anyways thanks a lot
Fire1805 :ninja:
Download from the official site, install it, then use mount and browse to the CD image files

Fire1805

now im sure it isnt the PSX version :D

im now trying to change the bios and stuff (locations u know, EX: Japan )
and i think im not comfigurating the emulator right :wacko:
cus i downloaded Rockman X4 and it said the same thing :(
so i guess it makes this a bit more easyer to know what my problem is.
tnx again

Fire1805 :bleh:

hagbard

Which emulator are you trying to use? This is very important :rolleyes:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
To make things clear SOTN works great in SSF 0.10 prototype. And this version of SSF plays a lot of games. Man now i am enjoying Saturn emulation at its best. About Darius Gaiden it doesn't work still so we will have to wait.

I run across my post by searching at google how to burn a Saturn ISO.It's nice to see i already knew it although i had forgoten it.

Although you can run it without BIOS :) cannot save. You can do this in a lot of games with SSF 0.10 prototype.Now Saturn Emulation is almost 100% done.

Last edited:

ronando03

I have a large collection of of PSOne games on my PC in mostly BIN/IMG/ISO formats.
I put these on my PC so I would never have to actually take my discs, which I love & cherish, out of the cases anymore because I fear for "wear & tear".

My question is...
If I burn these games to backup Discs (CD-R), will my PS3 recognize them as playable games?

Strike011

I read you guide dude, and it got me pretty far (for my standards on a first try) , but I must say Im ready to pull my hair out cause I can't get a decent copy of Guardian Heroes to work!
now, It may be because of some easy and stupid thing that im not understanding, cause im a total noob to this stuff at all, I almost have no idea what anyone here is saying when they start with the .Bin and ISO lingo

like for instance:
the part where im supposed to convert the music tracks from MP3 to .WAV, sounded simple enough, and that was the most common struggle with this game everywhere I've read, but I just figure how I do that if everything is in either .Bin, .Seq, anything but MP3. I can't even tell which are the music tracks really.

also, onto something simpler I have low/no understanding in, I've opened the zipped file, put it in it's own folder, and now have an uncompressed pile of data I can't make heads or tails of, I guess I got something right the first time, cause I got the intro to play...but that was it, I gave another heartfelt 5hour shot on 2 other tries, and they failed miserably and wouldnt even play the intro.
if maybe you can put up the illustrated guide (for dummies like me) it might be easier to follow...for dummies like me, there would have to be a step by step deal cause I just don't get alot of this.

thanks in advance for reading my whining like a little girl, and if you do put up these helpful tips (again...but slower) I'd be able to get this and others without hassle...but id be glad just to get this one working.