Project 64 makes my computer restart

TVDX

I am using Project 64 v 1.6 on this AMD Athlon 1000 processor with Geforce FX 5200 card and 256 ram computer.

The ROMS were working fine for a while but now suddenly when I press ESC to hide the bar on top when in full screen or even right click the mouse while the ROM is running in full screen at 1024/768 the computer restarts.

The message about a "serious system error" comes up now and then as well.
I'm not sure what the issue is as I have sat and played these ROMS on this emulator without problems for a while now.

Any help appreciated.

TVDX

Hey Butters,
I recently upgraded my graphics drivers but this was before I used the P64.
Is it the graphics drivers you mean?.

Jale

Yeah, and maybe you should update your DirectX version as well. Let's say the full-screen switch has to do with video and DirectDraw.

To determine the problem more accurately, I suggest you to disable the "Automatically restart" feature in Windows to make it go to the well known "Blue Screen of Death". At the end of the screen of death it will say the troublemaking file. It should look something like this:

figure314.png

If you don't know how to turn "Restart automatically" off, do the following:

- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Pick the Advanced Settings tab (it's the last one from the lower row to the right) and then you'll see 3 configure buttons. Click on the last one to the bottom.
- Now you should see a dialog box with a bunch of options. Do NOT touch any of them but the "Restart Automatically" checkbox. Uncheck it.
- Clic OK and try the emulator thing again. Instead of restarting your machine it will get you to the screen above.

PD: My OS is in spanish, so I can't tell you the exact names of everything :p

Last edited:

Milkrosoft

I am having a similar problem. In my case my computer restarts as soon as I even load a rom. I updated my graphics drivers several times. Initially it worked but if I wanted to go back and play a few hours later the problem would reoccur. I don't know how to fix the problem that shows up on the blue screen of death. I have gotten a few different messages on it from different times I tried to play a game. Some are "DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL", "BAD_POOL_CALLER" and "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

Last edited: