can't get original game boy to be in color on vba

dude10

i noticed that metroid 2 was in color on my gba sp but when i play the rom on visual boy advance i can't get color. so, how can i make the gb roms colored?

please answer no matter how n00by i sound and no matter how easy it might be to do it. metroid 2 sucks in black and white and i can't find the cartridge for it

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
click Options, Gameboy, Automatic or SGB in your case
if that doesnt work, i dont think it will
it dependes if Metriod 2 was designed for Super Gameboy
good luck

dude10

wow :confused: u really seem to answer my questions instantly

sorry but it didn't work. I went to a rom list site that said that metroid 2 didn't support the super gameboy or color gameboy. that leaves one question: HOW THE F%$# DOES IT HAVE COLOR ON MY GBA!?

(later after internet researching) metroid.homestead.com/Metroid2DX.html This guy says there's an OPTION for some 8-bit color in metroid 2. What does he mean by option?? where is there an options menu in a gba? i don't want his stupid and buggy "deluxe" patch (for now), i just want the color that i found in the game on my gba

IF SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS HOW TO GET M2 EMULATED ON A PC IN COLOR PLZ POST HERE

Last edited:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
well super gameboy is this
SNESsupergameboycart.jpg

it allowed you to play certain gameboy games(usualy made after 1995) on a SNES in color, but not as good of color as gameboy color or GBA
the VBA emulator automaticly detcets what kind of gameboy game it is or if its compatible with SGB(as long as you have it on automatic)
im not sure if you can set up a VBA to play all games as if they were GBA, but I'm not sure, wait for someone who knows, fiddle around with the confiuration, or play in gray

dude10

i think i'll email this guy from that link i posted earlier (that doesn't work unless u paste it into ur address bar :mad: ) and ask about this optional 8-bit color thing he's talking about

Last edited: