Didn't know who else to ask this stuff?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am in a very disgusting situation now,i just installed winxp (i was using 98 until now cause it proved very compatible with all my emulators) but now my CD/DVDW which is SAMSUNG TS-H552B is only reading my DVD-s or CD , but not burning them,i guess i am missing some drivers for this part of this topic.

I hope someone here knows some links to dowload these drivers free.

The next part is everytime i run IEXPLORE after opening a few pages or only one i get a message that NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM IS SHUTTING DOWN

Now for the second and the last i hope someone really knows how to take this thing of

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
The whole "NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM IS SHUTTING DOWN" message reminds me of viruses like good old Blaster. I assume that you don't have any Service Packs installed, right?

If that is the case then you NEED to install Service Pack 2(or re-install XP from a slipstreamed CD) and a firewall such as Zone Alarm and an Antivirus.

Regarding your DVD writer, what burning software are you using?

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
about my dvd writer and cd writer i am using every possible software of burning from nero to everything cause i have a DVD with all the programs for that work.

What is a slipstreamed CD ?(Sorry for the ignorance) and where can i find SERVICE PACK 2? i guess i can buy it :) hey lefteris don't you know any related web sites with the drivers for my CD/DVD WRITER? thanks for your help that calms me a little cause i was nervous.

I'VE asked about my dvd and every person told me i have no drivers,well i check at device manager and all my drivers of my DVD are listed and says that the device is working correctly, what does that mean ?

Thanks in advance :)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Windows XP does not require any drivers for CD/DVD writers. Just a burning software like Nero.

A slipstreamed cd is a CD for windows 2000 or XP that has the latest service pack intergraded. You can get the latest service pack from Microsoft.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well i installed NAV and NPF (norton antivirus and norton personal firewall and as far as now my PC is running smoothly even when i use the iexplore),i hope this problem is solved but i don't really know ,many thanks for your help Lefteris.

Well about my DVD/CD W you say that win xp don't need drivers , uau that's fantastic. i will try out now and tell you later.Many thanks man.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Hey Lefteris i tried to install NERO but NERO WANTS DIRECTX 9 ,so i downloaded all the three versions of those directx 9.a,9.b and 9.c and all these directx-is says the same thing.They are not compatible with my operating system,with my windows. Why so ? How can i make windows compatible ?

If it's by downloading service pack please give me a correct URL cause my copy of WINXP is not activated cause in my country there's no activation by dialing with a modem

Thanks once again. I guess the NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM is gone now cause it been a lot of hours that i am in the net and everything runs smoothly.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Search microsoft.com for the service pack download or get an iso of the slipstreamed cd.

Directx 9c is also included in Service Pack 2.

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Does this service pack makes my system compatible with DIRECT9C?

I guess you don't get the right idea when i said i cannot activate windows here in ALBANIA ,because there's no such service ,which in other words means i CANNOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING FROM MICROSOFT BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE MY VALIDATION PROCESS.

If it is possible please tell me a correct URL execpt MICROSOFT i will try my self for SP 2 at download.com and i hope i will find it there, anyway if you know a correct URL which i can copy to MY IDM (DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR) it would be a great help.

a lot of thanks man:)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Many thanks man.

But i am downloading it right now at www.soft32.com

I will tell you later when i install it on my pc cause i am downloading this 266mb file sp2.

I will tell you later when i go home and istall it.

THANKS A LOT MAN.

I am downloading from a net coffe

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
It seems bad luck is following me everywhere:)
Another BIG problem OCCURED

it turns out that my copy of windows xp is one of the first ever,i got in London about 2 years ago and it tells after i try to install SP 2 that my copy is an EVALUATION COPY BUILD 2526 and to install SP2 i need a copy which has the <BUILT 2600> ,well Lefteris if you can help ,please help but i don't think you can tell me anything else but to install a WINXP BUILT 2600,

The last idea for me to try to burn a disc with SNES STATION FULL ROMS is to try to write directly the files to the CD,my copy of XP i hope does at least this :)

THANKS A LOT MAN , anyway any other suggestion is fine for me,i have nothing else to do these days so i am waiting for other suggestions .

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Build 2600 is the version of the commercial windows XP. You need to find a new copy of Windows I'm afraid.

If you want to see your version number just run the command line and see the version number there:

As you can see the correct version will say "[Version 5.1.2600]".

Last edited:

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
It's not hard to find that copy but i don't know if it will work though.

I tried my last resource to write the files directly to the CD with the option of XP without any burners,i add the files there and when i try to write them the wizard says please insert a writable blank cd:(i have inserted it and i even tried different type of discs just for seeing what's going on and they all say the same thing please insert blank writable disc)

I think my DVD WRITER IS BROKEN OR SOMETHING,but it can read CD -S AND DVD-S why so ?

I will get the new copy of XP , and try to install service pack 2 there,with all direct x after somedays ,but tell me about my DVD what cause all this mess?

I really don't understand

THANK FOR YOUR HELP MAN

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
This whole mess could be because you are using a buggy trial version of XP. All I can say is that you should find a non trial to install.

Post again after you have the new version + service pack 2 installed to let us know that everything went well.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
THat for sure will take a LOT OF TIME.Anyway after i will install those i will let you know.

Anyway one last question is that even when i was USING WIN 98 at first i could burn discs or dvd-s and after some time i could not do those things anymore,why so ,i really don't understand.

I have not lost drivers,at that time,i scanned my PC everyday for viruses and everyfile was clear at that time.

THANKS A LOT LEFTERIS ,answer this last question for now.

I will post again when i will install everything needed,WINXP BUILD 2600 and SP2

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I can uninstall very easily WINXP by just pressing DEL to enter SETUP when first computer boots.Yes that's the way i have done it about three times,but i have a simple question cause if i UNINSTALL it that way than i have to use fdisk to go through it and to install WIN98,

Now i was wondering if i buy WINXP 2600 can i install it over my current OS.

??????

This is my true last question Lefteris:)

Jale

There are bootable Windows XP versions. I'd recommend the one that has Service Pack 2. There are many ways to create a clean installation (this is the method I do all the time):

- Boot Windows 98 CD (for command line).
- Format C: drive by typing "FORMAT C:/Q" for a quick format.
- Insert the Windows XP disc and restart.
- Choose NTFS or FAT, whatever you like. Most of the people use NTFS.
- Install Windows XP.

The other way and probably the easiest one:

- Boot Windows XP CD.
- Format within Windows XP installation.
- Choose NTFS or FAT.
- Install Windows XP.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Yes the second way i 've installed XP pro,but now i got an windows XP HOME EDITION.Anyway i hope this is bootable ,i will try it and then tell you.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Guess what people? The CD which readed MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION is a CD 8-IN-1 which has a lot of WINXP PRO AND HOME versions,It has the first WINXP PRO (MSDN) which said something like LICENSE VOLUME near it,WIN XP PRO OEM-DELL ,(only these winxp has the product keys in the whole CD for XP PRO) the others are some PATCHED WINXP with no product keys and the discs says after you install you have to go through a long process to activate those patches.

Anyway the WINXP PRO (MSDN) is in RED
the WINXP PRO OEM-DELL is in BLUE

I guess the colors means something ,like you must use the BLUE ONE(at least i think it that way) but before starting any of this process i wanted to be sure and ask here.

THE WIN XP PRO UNTOUCHED COPY has no product key and say you can activate using XPKEY.EXE ,so if you have any idea which should i try,well please help :)

There is no problem cause the CD has OPTIONS WHICH CAN UNINSTALL YOUR XP (mine cannot be upgraded so i can only do an clean INSTALL).

Thanks a lot Lefteris and Butters.