Gametap!!11!!!1!1!!!

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
So, I'm sitting in a broken recliner and watching TV. I begin noticing these little enertaining commercials featuring classic games such as Pac-Man and Dig-Dug.
These are commercials for a company called Gametap.
I became inrtigued by this Gametap company, so I turn to my laptop and check out their website. To my suprise, it is a company that has purchased rights to allow people to play classic games for a nominal monthly fee (think of napster but for games)
This company saddens me as a pirate of copyrighted material.
I belive what can be free, should be free, like computer files
Why must a company attemp to make money off the weak minded, the ones who can't figure out how to basicly work an emulator.
Yet they will oddly enough find out how to play these games on this "Gametap" and begin lossing there money to this corporation(evil or not)

"What Do You Think About Gametap?"

My opinion
pirate-skull.jpg

I'm a Pirate Motherfucker

montpics

Just play on MAME instead if I were you. That company intend to let us play those games online, not offline.

Curian

The only reason your ranting is because you are a whiner and can't actually pirate something because you don't know how to hack (Like me!) so, my inept pirate brother LET'S RANT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! and maybe someday someone will hear our whining and stop trying to make money off of crappy 2 bit games made in the 80's.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
ugh i feel wht your saying man. i myself am a pirate like you and many others. and i hate it when people start charging for something that an be free. the other day i saw this guy selling 30 psp games in ISOs for like forty bucks and i was like "wtf!!! what an ass". when you can easily go on some torrent site and find the ISOs you want.

Curian

Yes you can my mom has gametap but then i showed her my stash of games in which case i had everything they had and more lol b ut i know of some guy here in albany who gives out computer games for free like Arcanum, Swat 4, Lords of the Realm 3 and he said he does it out of principle.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Curian said:
he said he does it out of principle.

Nice principles when developers go bankrupt, people are fired and can't take care of their families anymore.
Emulate and download old stuff, support and buy new stuff.

Curian

Exactly my point all my old games are here because the companies gave them out for free but I don't have a single new game on here unless i payed for it like COD2 and BOS

Genome

north west south west
Arrr bitches!

i agree with alco if you are going to do it take old stuff (as far as games go as far as movies and music i dont really think there should be any time limit to loot them) new games have to be purchased (only good ones! shit ones that ppl rave about b/c they are too damn stupid to play a good game should not be) that way in the future the developers will continue to create games. despite the impending video game crash that is just ahead.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
despite the impending video game crash that is just ahead.

I really don't think that is going to happen. It is being said often before and the last one was just before the NES came out.