Pokemon Emerald Runs Slow on Visual Boy Advance

Purl

I've looked up lots of other posts hoping to find this problem, but I can't seem to locate one. :(

When I play Pokemon Emerald (in Visual Boy Advance 1.8.0 Beta3), it runs on a speed of about 10%-48% most of the time.

I tried tweaking just about everything (lowering the sound quality, trying different frame skips, etc.), but nothing seems to work.

I don't think it's my video card, since it's brand new, or my RAM, or anything like that (but I could be really wrong though, since I'm not much of a computer buff... >_<').

I just don't know what's wrong... T_T

Thanks for reading and helping if you do. :)

montpics

Plus, don't try to set it on higher resolution as it 'might' slow the game itself. Try to unzip it if that ROM is zipped and run it. :cool:

Skyesworld

I had this same problem but mine worked fine at first but only started going slow recently after I started using game shark cheats to try and get the pokemon I wanted upon deleting the codes from the game shark it worked fine don't know if that helps but I hope it does

AtommicAstro

It might not be your PC. But are there any processes in the background? Like an Antivirus program, something like that. It could be scanning files of the emulator and that could be slowing it down. Not really super smart about this, just giving a suggestion.