XBOX Live Emulation

M.H.A.Q.S.

i was planning on getting xbox live sometime this month.(most likely won't. but i wanna know if anyone can give me a good answer.) Would it be possible, if WE OWN XBOX LIVE of course, to use CXBX to emulate xbox live on our computer if we have an internet connection, headphones, etc?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Who is we? I don't own an X box, please stop making plans for everyone. :(

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
You cant. Microsoft includes several checks when you go online so trying to emulate it(if you could) would get you nowhere.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
That should be hard. They even include bios checks in LIVE so if they detect an unofficial bios they just ban the hardware ID.

GisRev

Come on

Lefteris_D said:
No it cant emulate that. Xbox Live needs much more than that to work.
Eventually we'll be having XBOX Live server emulators all around the net, Like Everquest server emulation is out... It's not that it's impossible, it just takes time to do it.
Usually how it works, is by the time they get it all cracked, M$ will be way beyond Xbox, and it will be more of something for Curio.

donkeyknob

xbox live servers are already being emulated- check out www.xbconnect.com for the main software and details about it. it basically tricks the xbox into thinking you're on a LAN via the software on your computer. using the sys-link option of xbox games, it will detect computers connected on a "lan" across the xbconnect software

Falados

ahem, it would be very much impossible, they even check to make sure you have the hard drive that came with your x-box on it, do you have a spare 7 gig hard drive on your computer?

EDIT: I am talking about emulating your way into the x-box live servers, not having a netplay thing.

donkeyknob

falados, what exactly are you going on about? i was just informing about programs that emulate xbox live in the form of netplay