Thread: What Purpose..!

Extreme Talker

I thought what purpose is the emulation of Nokia or other mobile phones. What use is that, and is there any way you can transfer your mobile DB from your Nokia N-Gage to your PC.

Mobile could also mean Pocket PC emulation.
    # of days where management hasn't had to deal with an idiot: 0

as you know, phones are expensive and have a bazillion features. the emulation of them provides people with a chance to try before they buy kinda thing.

the second thing you're talking about is achieved by downloading logo manager (or similar program off downloads.com) and its appropriate crack/patch (off kazaa).... then you gotta buy either a data cable (specific to the phone) or infra-red cable if the phone has infra-red thingy. using data cables makes SIM card management easier and you can directly put logos, pic msgs, ringtones and SMS texts onto your phone via PC
    onewecallgod hates me

Extreme Talker

But still the mobility of it is lost, and there is no real fun and use in that.

If you want to make games/programes for a phone an emulator might be very useful.

Extreme Talker

hmmm that makes sense.

Well, I know people emulate Palm Pilot software so that they can hack them and remove the shareware nag screens. Dunno about phone games though.

Extreme Talker

Happens. I think if you emulate a nokia n-gage for a palm, you know how useful it would prove. If the emu supports all teh features of the phone. That way the mobility of the phone will not be lost and it will be emulated in some great use.

Thread Information