What's your favourite SEGA console?

belmont

Since SEGA has stopped making consoles I think it is a good idea to discuss about it's ... legendary consoles!

Which SEGA console do you prefer?

I used to have Game Gear and Mega Drive/Genesis.
I loved both of them.
I always wanted a Saturn and a Dreamcast but never bought them.

My favourite one is Game Gear since it is a console I grew up with and really liked it's platform games.

What do you think?

Codeine

Dreamcast: it contains so many of my favorite games.
  • Shenmue
  • Jet Grind Radio
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Sonic Adventure

Robzilla

Sega Master System...

I loved that built in snail maze game.

Mourgos

I always liked Sega Mega Drive best for games like:Sonic2,Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 etc

I also owned Game Gear.It was good but it needed too many batteries to play.I never got to finish Ristar on it.

M.H.A.Q.S.

Mega Drive and Dreamcast, I never got to play Saturn as it never appeared in our country (I mean it was rare).

Hiroshi

Only ever had a Sega Master System and still do. Having an in-built game (Alex the Kid) was a nice feature in my early days.
Has some of my Fav games too: Sonic the Hedgehog, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Action Rider and Wonder Boy.

Will probably get a Dreamcast in April just to play Soul Calibur and maybe some others.

Medion

The best has to be the Sega Megadrive (aka Genesis). It had tons of classics, such as Golden Axe, Shining Force, Road Rash, Sonic (obviously) and many others.

Also I think the Sega Mega-CD (aka Sega CD) is much better than most people give it credit for. It too and lots of classics :-

To name a few...

- Lunar : The Silver Star
- Lunar : Eternal Blue
- Sonic CD
- Shining Force CD
- Road Rash CD

I also love all the other Sega consoles, but the Megadrive and the Mega-CD were my favourite.