PS Emulator Help.

Jenga21

I'm having a rough time configuring my sound and video settings for FFVII.
It always comes out looking sorta glitchy and the cutscenes are always screwy. (Plus the battle swirl is usually messed up)
These are my specs: NVidia Geforce FX 5200 Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz 2.79GHz, 512 MB of RAM.
Can anyone recommend the best video plugin and video configuration settings for my computer?

RileyRoper

It looks to me like you should be able to use about anything, because your system definately meets the minimum requirements and goes beyond that... I don't know what your current video plugin is, but you should check in the configuration panel, in the bottom left corner and see if there are a couple of buttons that you can press to where it'll set it for you... One will say fast and the other will say nice... If you don't have these, I am currently using Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76, and I know that it has these settings... It's worth a shot to see if that helps :msn_confu

If this doesn't help, sorry for wasting the time it took to read this :confused:

Jale

This is my current configuration:

Video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver.
Sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver.
CD-ROM: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

montpics

Butters said:
This is my current configuration:

Video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver.
Sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver.
CD-ROM: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.
Errr, here's mine as well.

Video : Pete's OpenGL 2.6
Sound : Eternal SPU
CD-ROM : SaPu CD plugin

Jenga

So should I try using Pete's DX6 D3D Driver? I never considered my card a 'next generation card' and never tried it.

montpics

Jenga said:
So should I try using Pete's DX6 D3D Driver? I never considered my card a 'next generation card' and never tried it.
At least you might want to try all Pete's GPU plugins to find whether it is good to your PC or not. :)

Last edited:

mhl12

CD Rom is just running from the cd

ISO is an image file that you rip from the cd using programs such as Alcohol 120%