No sound in ePSXe v1.6.0! Please help meh!!

Alkaiser

In Mortal Kombat Trilogy (why is it always MKT????) it plays sound effects but there is no music.

I've tried using these sound plugins but they don't work:

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16
ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15

Please help!!!

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Of course it does, I did some searching on your problem but I couldn't come up with an answer. Try playing with the settings also TOD sound stopped working for me and I checked Enable XA Sound and it worked so maybe that will do something.

Bluedawn

Well first what Emulater are you using? ePSXe is good the best audio plugin in my opitoin is the Eternal one I dont get why its not working for you have you gone into the actul game and cheacked and seen if the MKT music is on? plus try adjusting some of the options in the Audio confige of the plug in your using. plus where did you get the MKT did you download it, make it yourself, or using it off the disc?

montpics

Please my answer question. :cool:

1. Are you using the ISO or CD while you play the game?
2. Check if the game has Audio music or not?
3. Did you download it or not?

Alkaiser

1. Are you using the ISO or CD while you play the game?

I've tried using both.

It does.

3. Did you download it or not?

No. I'm using the actual game. I ripped the ISO from the disc and tried that and got the same result.

I'm using ePSXe v1.6.0.

I played Wild Arms 3 using the exact same settings as MKT and it plays w/ music and sound effects....

I am using:

Video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76
Audio: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.

And I have tried checking:

Enable Sound
Enable CDDA
Enable XA
Enable SPU IRQ

Last edited:

montpics

Alkaiser said:
It does.
Then it should work as I run it with ePSXe 1.6.0. With Eternal SPU plugin and click on all sound configuration, by both CD and CD image file (not ISO format).

And if you made an ISO file, try to mount the image by Daemon Tools and check whether that ISO had Audio music or not as normally they ripped non-audio music only especially on ISO files.

Also, don't run with ISO directly.

Alkaiser

montpics said:
Then it should work as I run it with ePSXe 1.6.0. With Eternal SPU plugin and click on all sound configuration, by both CD and CD image file (not ISO format).

And if you made an ISO file, try to mount the image by Daemon Tools and check whether that ISO had Audio music or not as normally they ripped non-audio music only especially on ISO files.

Also, don't run with ISO directly.

I've tried everything. This emulator just won't play the music in Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

I've tried and tested the Bust A Groove CD and ISO with different settings and the music works just fine.

So, the problem is my MKT disc. :verysad:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
THE PROBLEM IS that the MKT disc is a hacked version...100% sure.
I have the same image,I had that same disc on the real PS but also had the one with music and sound so I know what the problem is.

Get another MKT disc image !!
I bet the image is from torrent sites...The image is the MKT that was fitted in All in one MK CD with MKtrilogy,MK Mythologies and MK4.
That's why it has no music it was ripped...There is the good version somewhere find it.The emulator works fine.

Last edited: