epsxe SPU core 1.5.2 for sound
epsxe cdr wnt/w2k core 1.5.2 for cd rom

comp specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2.2 ghz)
ASUS K8N-e Delux motherboard
2 GB Kingston pc3200 ram
ATI Radeon 9600xt (all in wonder)
Windows XP PRo

right now our problem is trying to play burned discs (a friend gave it to us to try it out) but none of them work, my friend and i get the same error (he has a different computer spec, but same plugins) something about WPL Extensions missing... for the petegl2

at his house we tried different gpu plugins and got differnet errors or it just didn't work

i tried to burn an .img file onto my comptuer but that doesnt work either i get the same thing, or just a black screen, i cant seem to make a .iso file, with nero it says theres some problem reading files and i cant even get it on my harddrive. (isobuster also gives me some error about reading something).

any suggestions on what to do? or if you need more info just ask and ill try to get it to you asap

i just made an ISO with Magic ISO Maker and it still does the same thing
hereis the log:
* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios\SCPH1001.bin].
* Loading ISO Format [BIN/IMG2352] ok
* NTSC cdrom detected.
* Doing init gpu[0]...
* Gpu open[0]...
* Direct input init ok.
* Init core spu ... ok

thanks for all/any help in advance.

Last edited:

Saq

re-attach your fingers man. Other than that check the plugins and configure them in the correct way for maximum gaming.

if you wanna run disk's in your pc, burn them as data disc's.
if you wanna run disk's in your ps1/2 burn them as iso's Burn4free is easy to burn iso games.

hagbard

What game are you trying to play?

Some need patches, others are not even emulated, and some might run on ePSXe 1.5.2 but not 1.6.0. Also might run on another emulators like PSXeven or SSSPSX

Last edited:

The14thGOD

Saq said:
re-attach your fingers man. Other than that check the plugins and configure them in the correct way for maximum gaming.

if you wanna run disk's in your pc, burn them as data disc's.
if you wanna run disk's in your ps1/2 burn them as iso's Burn4free is easy to burn iso games.

sorry, im a complete noob when it comes to this. is there a site/guide for max gaming configuration?
the way im playing are direct copies of it i think, i still cant get a hold of the guy who gave em to me. should i try to make a data disc w/ nero, and copy the contents of the game onto the track for the new game cd?

hagbard said:
What game are you trying to play?

Some need patches, others are not even emulated, and some might run on ePSXe 1.5.2 but not 1.6.0. Also might run on another emulators like PSXeven or SSSPSX

Ehrigez, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 9, are the ones i tired from CD , and also one of the Gundams.

is there a list somewhere w/ games and if they are emulatable, and/or w/ what emulators?

thanks again for the help :)

montpics

I doubt that you need to patch them in order to make it work if your the burned CDs were copied from the original CDs. Not sure but curious.

hagbard

montpics said:
I doubt that you need to patch them in order to make it work if your the burned CDs were copied from the original CDs. Not sure but curious.
Nope. Some game need patches even if are perfects 1:1 backups from original pressed games. For example, FF9 PAL backups need patches to run on emulators and PSX. Also even original pressed FF9 PAL need patches to run on emulators, but not on the real PSX off course :rolleyes: ;)

About making ISOs, if Nero and IsoBuster gave you errors you either tried scratched CDs or you CD/DVD-ROM drive is not on good shape.

To run ISOs on emulators I prefer to mount it on Daemon Tools virtual drive, then set this drive as the one you use for ePSXe.

Also ePSXe 1.6.0 it's somehow buggy, so some games would run on 1.5.2 but not on 1.6.0.

ePSXe compatibily list
PSXeven compatibility list

Last edited:

Saq

i'll make a short animation one day showing what to do.

The14thGOD

my friend who gave me the cds came over and he fixed it

he just changed the settings to fast and it works

he doenst know why the gpu plugins wont allow me to use anything "nice" ; /

o well, as long as it works i guess ^_^

ty for all of your assistance

montpics

The14thGOD said:
my friend who gave me the cds came over and he fixed it

he just changed the settings to fast and it works

he doenst know why the gpu plugins wont allow me to use anything "nice" ; /

o well, as long as it works i guess ^_^