emulator Dolphin v1.02 question

Chorus

I have a question about the emulator Dolphin v1.02.
I have the game Mario Kart Double Dash. So if I want to play this game, I go to file, open and then I search for Mario Kart Double Dash. But it can't find a gcm, iso, dol or a elf file! And if I do All Files it shows me the file but if I try that, it says: you try to load and unknown filetype. Does anyone knows what I can do about this?

hagbard

What file did you download?

6.8 Mb it's too small for a full GC ISO. Furthermore Mario Kart Double Dash NTSC-U it's around 303 Mb Rared, so it's either the DOL executable file only), or just incomplete/bad dumped, etc.

Anyway, you won't get more than 4 frames per second

Last edited:

hagbard

I'm not sure if I've understood it right, but usually you only need to unrar/unzip to get the actual image you've downladed

Chorus

I'm from Europe, so I think I need a PAL version not NTSC I think. But how do I know if it is a ISO file or not?

hagbard

PAL or NTSC it's not a problem if you run it on emulators, but the low speed it is.
On consoles you need a a either a hard/soft modded GC and a Scart cable to convert NTSC video signal.

GC ISOs use the .gcm or .iso extension. GC-Tool is tool able to rebuild, extract or fix GX ISOs: If you try to open some supposed image and it won't work it should be mostly a bad rip or not even a ISO.

There's also a nice app called fstfix (Wiped GCM Fixer v1.5 by SlideR/LOONYCUBE!) which might rebuild GC ISOs to be on its real size: 1,459,978,240 bytes

Last edited:

Chorus

I now have a Mario Kart Double Dash file op 380,45 MB but I can't play it.
380,45 is normal or not? :verysad:

Milkrosoft

This is kind of depressing.

hagbard

I'd forget about playing it on PC for a couple of years, GC emulation needs too high hardware requeriments

Chorus

I now have Mario Kart DD and it is a RAR-file. It is 389.583 KB big. How do I open that. I know, I ask many questions, but I'm new with this :eek:

hagbard

Use WinRar

Chorus

Oke, I did that. The file's name is: mario kart dd_shrunk.gcm
But when I try to run the game, it says:
Fatal Error: failed to load ansi_font.bin
Fatal Error: failed to load sjis_font.bin

I heard you can change it to a ISO file, but how :huh:

hagbard

Chorus said:
Oke, I did that. The file's name is: mario kart dd_shrunk.gcm
But when I try to run the game, it says:
Fatal Error: failed to load ansi_font.bin
Fatal Error: failed to load sjis_font.bin

I heard you can change it to a ISO file, but how :huh:

.gcm is the same than .iso. Just rename it.

To "play" on emulators you don't need to burn anything, just load it directly from the emu. Also you'll need a DVD, either 8 cm (to play on the GC), or standard 12 cm, but you need more than that to play on a GC

Chorus

I thought you only need the file (mario kart dd) and the emulator (dolphin). So you need to burn the file on a dvd to play it?

hagbard

No need to burn to try to play it on a emulator. Just run it directly on mount it with Daemon Tools

Chorus

I downloaded Deaon Tools but I have realy no idea what I must do. Can you put the file on a normal cd? I know, i am a n0ob :msn_tongu

G

Gigashock

hagbard i think you made a mistake(if you haven't excuse me). dolphin doesn't run cds on drive. not even mounted on virtual drives like daemon does. only gcm and gc executables. you can't select a drive. chorus simply open gcm and select your mario kart dd shrunk file. and maybe you should enable the use of dynarec.