Halo Combat Evolved Flt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I just downloaded Halo, but instead of an .iso I get a bunch of files like this:

"flt-halo.001" and they go through .036

Not sure what to do with these, I remember some people had a problem with this with Vice City as well, but I don't remember how they went about using it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Danny

Sounds like a .rar file split up into how ever many bits. Look for
flt-halo.rar if you don't already have it, then open it with winrar or
something like it.

Edit after Waz's: I think my sig says it all.

J

Jet Set Willy

It means that it's a split RAR archive. There should be one file there which ends in .RAR

You should open that, which will then rely on the rest of the files when it extracts.

Edit: You win this time, Danny, but I'm watching you. Always watching.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
The file I downloaded was a .tar file, when I opened it it created a folder "Halo Combat Evolved" inside that folder was another folder "Halo Combat Evolved" inside that folder were 36 files. All ending like this:

"flt-halo.001" through .036.

There are no .rar files.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Damn no, I want to sell it. I don't even like the game.

Zach

Well if you have a diverse marketting package thought out, you can buy it, sell copies, and recoup your losses within a few sales while still generating a nice proffit

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by Neco@Oct 10 2003, 05:13 PM
Well if you have a diverse marketting package thought out, you can buy it, sell copies, and recoup your losses within a few sales while still generating a nice proffit
I could do that, but I don't have $50 to spend. Plus I'm looking for a 100 percent profit.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a .bat file in the archive?
Have you tried extracting the contents of the 001 file, if it's a split rar or ace file it should connect to the others and make a single file.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
There is no .bat file, I don't know what program to use to open a .001 file, or .002, or .003 etc.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
That's ok, I'll find a way. I think.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I can open .001 - .0036 files with winRAR? Those are the only files that were inside the .tar file that I downloaded at all. Only those, no .bat file, no .rar file.

Zach

.....I'm very pissed off right now so take this how you will

Just run the fucking program and find out. That's how the rest of us learn these things

:(

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Fuck off Neco. Err, ok.

Your jackassery may actually have gotten me somewhere. When I open the first file I can see the .cue file inside, but it won't let me extract it for some reason, it just freezes.

I'll see what I can do.

El Fugitivo

It's cause you need the first file, most likely.

"FLT" is the name (well, actually those are more like the call letters) of a scene release group. I don't remember the full name, but they do release alot of games.

Not-Spekkio²

Fairlight. :angry:

Anyhow.
001 to 036?
Just open any file, extract the cue and bin, and be done with it.
If you suspect files to be missing, check the nfo file, run a test extraction to see which files you are missing if that is the case, if that is not the case, winrar is either trying to find all the bits and piece from all the ittybitty rars or it's just being gay.

If you're missing rars I can get them somewhere.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Yeah I did that, but whenever I would try to extract it the computer froze. I got another copy a couple days after that on bittorrent anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.