Thread: Screenshootin' like a madman

The New Kid

Default Screenshootin' like a madman

Hey there folks.
    I've got a question for y'all that's been bugging me for a good long time. I've searched and searched (which was hard enough as I didn't know just how to word it) but found nothing, so I decided to actually go and ask.
    Lately I've been really gung-ho about cataloging my SNES collection. As in, personally taking a screenshot of every single game. The problem is that I'm starting to lose track of which games I have and which I haven't, as my current system of "piping dir to a text file and then crossing off the ones I did" is starting to get frayed around the edges. So does anyone know of either:
    1) A nice good rom organizer that can tell me which games are lacking screenshots?
    2) Or (since there aren't any nice good rom organizers out there) a program that could compare my screenshot directory with my rom directory and leave me a list with only the unfinished ones?
    If it helps the screenshots have the same naming structure as the roms, just with .jpg at the end.

The New Kid

::sigh::
    I just didn't have the patience to wait for someone to give me an answer.
    I ended up using Ssed and DiffUtils for Windows and the following batch script to do it.
    dir D:\Games\SNES\Roms\*.zip /ON /B > D:\Games\SNES\RomsT.txt
    dir D:\Games\SNES\sshots /ON /B > D:\Games\SNES\ScreenShottedT.txt
    ssed -e s/\.jpg// D:\Games\SNES\ScreenShottedT.txt > D:\Games\SNES\ScreenShotted.txt
    ssed -e s/\.zip// D:\Games\SNES\RomsT.txt > D:\Games\SNES\Roms.txt
    @del D:\Games\SNES\RomsT.txt
    @del D:\Games\SNES\ScreenShottedT.txt
    diff.exe D:\Games\SNES\Roms.txt D:\Games\SNES\ScreenShotted.txt --suppress-common-lines > D:\Games\SNES\Differences.txt
    @pause
    Admitably DiffUtils aren't perfect (there's a bit of crud every couple of lines that I can't quite figure out how to get rid of) but it'll do it for anyone else who's interested.
    I got Sed from here and DiffUtils here.
    Sorry for making a post and answering it myself, but in case there were any other people out there with the same question, at least it's been answered.

Thread Information