A few quick Broadband questions

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
1. Does anyone have ONSPEED and do you really notice the speed webpages are delivered to you increase 5times?

2. What is the fastest speed available in the world and in the UK?

3. Does anyone have or know of any TV stations available through broadband?

4. What is the cheapest anyone has paid for broadband? (for all different speeds and restrictions)

buggesy666

i have aol gold and it 2mb which da fastest in da world but ntl are ment to be bringin out 10mb!!! so all the other internet providers will prob upgrade to 10mb aswell
u can get aol broadband at £17.99 1mb i think or gold 2mb £20 and platium 2mb for £30
(gold and plat the same thing just the name, same speed same everthing!!!)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I thought there would be faster than 2mb, Me just upgraded with tiscali to 2mb unlimited for £17.99 a month. Arent the Americans ahead of the UK 'cos they had broadband years before us.

onewecallgod

buggesy666 said:
well t1 and t3 are the fastest u can get but there LAN connections
no... they're just bigass pipes to the ISP... they dont have anythign to do with the internal network

My god man, STOP HURTING LOGIC.

T1 and T3 are dedicated lines, i.e. there's no contention. However, there are broadband services with higher bandwidth - they may or not perform better depending on conditions.

Lots of places have broadband services with over 40Mb downstream bandwidth (fairly common in Japan). Universities too. As you're sharing the bandwidth with locals, it's not something you'd use to run a production server or public Internet service on, but it's certainly speedier than your AOL 2Mb connection and absolutely mind blowing for everyday use.

I'd be happy with my 500Kb/s connection back - I've been stuck on dial up since last December.