spyware remover

hagbard

I'm having some problems with my PC lately, so I'm not sure what to do after trying Norton and other common antivirus software and didn't succeed. I'm begining to think this might be a spyware trouble, but still can't find a good solution.

So the question is if you can please suggest me a good spyware remover tool to fix this annoying problem, I hope you can help me. Thanks

RockY

L H D T P M
Norton Internet Security
Spybot S&D
Adaware
Trend Micro OfficeScan

Last edited:

mhl12

Microsoft AntiSpyware is also pretty good.

mhl12

I have Ad-Aware professional version. I would have to say that it wasn't that useful. It didn't pick up any spyware found by Spybot or Microsoft AntiSpyware. However, I keep it because it also scans you internet cookies for tracking cookies which is nice. It also comes with Ad-watch which monitors your computer registry for changes and stuff.

cloud4004

I just got through a big mess of problems with my PC... What exactly is wrong?

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
haggy chances are you problably got hacked or in other words somebody sent you a really good trojan. some trojans do exactly wut spyware does and more. if you notice any missing files or something suspicuios it's problably a trojan. alot of homemade trojans CAN'T be detected by scanners therefore you must either wait until the person who sent you the trojan to clean it off your comp(most smart ones do becuase they don't want to be detected by a scanner and possibly give out thier ip) or wait for an update on some of the above scanners.

For crying out loud, it's not "hackers".

Just look after your PC a bit, don't install crap, don't run things you don't need to be running, and do a spyware and virus scan. Don't listen to kids on the Internet who write 103 word long sentences.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
Wizzle Waz said:
For crying out loud, it's not "hackers".

Just look after your PC a bit, don't install crap, don't run things you don't need to be running, and do a spyware and virus scan. Don't listen to kids on the Internet who write 103 word long sentences.

first of all i hope your not referring to me with that little "103 word long sentences" comment cuz i don't. and i was just stateing the possible reasons that might make his comp act abnormally.
beside's it's so easy to get a trojan now. you can simply download a game and BOOM you got a trojan once you play it. that's why they tell you to always scan your files BEFORE you execute them. you can use this place to scan a file you download. trojans can do the exact same thing spyware does. infact spyware isn't even a program, it's a category. anything that records what you are doing over the internet or on you comp falls into the "spyware" category.

BTW haggy i also suggest you try a registry cleaner. you might be surprised at how many errors you can get. my friend had 789 problems on his 8 month comp.