Quick Question

Stiffmyster

i have the 1.7.2 visual gameboy advance and im tryin momentarly to play DBZ: buus fury but but i open the game with the visual emulator the screen pops up pretty small so i tryed inlargin it by like x2 and the graphics start to suck really bad so i was wonderin if anybody knows what to do with this problem

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Please remember that GBA games are not meant to be played in high resolutions. It's normal for them to suck.

hagbard

Stiffmyster said:
yea thats true but it worked befor....is there anythin at all i could do to try to make it better?

Use Direct3D or OpenGL output instead DirectDraw or GDI:
"Options" -> "Video" -> "Render Method"
then use some of available filters from these APIs:
"Options" -> "Video" -> "Render Method" -> "D3D" options for Direct3D, "GL" options for OpenGL

You might use DirectDraw render with the filters enabled too. I'd try everything until you find what you prefer:
"Options" -> "Filter"

Last edited:

Milkrosoft

Could you post a screenshot? That might help us help you.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Some games are just plain shit on the gba/VBA (ie Medal Of Honor Underground). And nothing can be done to improve them.

Stiffmyster

acsualy id be more then happy to give u a screen shot that would help u guys for sure and then u will know what im exactly talkin about cuz im probably not explaining it very well....if somone could tell me how to take screen shots that would be great as well....lol srry :happy:

Jale

You'll need to host your pic HERE and then put the link between IMG tags, like this:

Stiffmyster

and the diff is that when its on x1 like in the first pic the graphics are good and u can see everything but its to small to play on...then x2 is the one in the sec. pic and as u can see it blows...

RockY

L H D T P M
Please don't TRIPLE post!, make a single post if you want to say multiple things.

It looks ok to me, it is normal if GBA games look pixelly when you play them at 2x or higher.

Lefteris_D said:
Please remember that GBA games are not meant to be played in high resolutions. It's normal for them to suck.

Last edited:

Stiffmyster

well yea thats true but not THAT pixaly i mean thats a serious bad one and i know cuz i had it befor...and it looked fine so i know its fixable i just dont know how....

Jale

I think I know what seems to be the problem. Check you are using DirectDraw as your rendering method and not Direct3D or OpenGL.

To do so, go to Options --> Video --> Render Method and check if DirectDraw is enabled.

Stiffmyster

okay when i try to use the direct3D the game wont come on i mean u can hear the music and everythin but the screen stays black...