fixing kawaks resolution

K

kcv

sup guys..i got my kawaks to work..i just wanted to know if anyone knows how to or if there is any way to fix the resoulution and color brightness on kawaks when i go to full screen? i basically want the color to look the best it can while on full screen..just like it does at the arcades.

hagbard

Afaik Kawaks uses 16-bit color resolution and I haven't seen any option nor INI entry to modify that. You can adjust brightness on menu "Video" -> "Adjust Brightness" only for CPS2 games, but you might correct the color Gamma values for every game on "Video" -> "Gamma Adjustement".

The Fullscreen resolution it's adjustable on the Video menu too, but have custom values for CPS1/2 vertical or horizontal res. games and also for NeoGeo. If you don't like any of the predefined resolutions, open "WinKawaks.ini" with a text editor (Notepad will do), then change the bold text below
; This is the resolution for non rotated Capcom games
HorizontalFullScreenWidth=1024
HorizontalFullScreenHeight=768

; This is the resolution for rotated Capcom games
VerticalFullScreenWidth=1024
VerticalFullScreenHeight=768

; This is the resolution for NeoGeo games
FullScreenWidthNeoGeo=1024
FullScreenHeightNeoGeo=768
You need to choose correct values for you video card and monitor. I think it's self explanatory.

K

kcv

thank

thanks u been a big help i have a question for u what mame should i get i download the mame 99 the new one but it just a blank black screen. please help i oh most got it because u and the other guys thanks :)

Last edited:

hagbard

This is the official command line Mame that works with MS-DOS-like commands, so it's perfectlly normal to get a blank screen.

Download Mame32 or any variant, it has a nice GUI that makes it much easier to use. :cool:

No problem, hope it helps :p

SuperVegito

You are using the official Mame.u need cmd.exe from system32 folder to run games.Use mame 32 plus(has cool blitters) or use NeoMame for hacked or latest games!!

hagbard

You only need to make a batch file (.bat or .cmd) with the correct commands to load any game/option with the official Mame. Edit the mame.ini ini to make it easier. Also it's possible to use any Mame32 or derivate build with this commands

Actually "cmd" it's only the mode to start a command line session of XP on XP, "command" it's to start a virtual MS-DOS sesion.