NHL

donkeyknob

whats the deal with the NHL? why was it abandonded, what was the solution to revive the competition, and how has it affected the sport?

onewecallgod

for one, almost no one watches pro hockey. its dead.

it wasnt exactly abandoned, just the players union couldnt get a decent contract with the teams and stuff, so they went on strike and the season was cancelled. pretty much it was bastard greedy asses to blame, not that i cared much, hockey sucks the big one to me anyways.

donkeyknob

i had my suspicions that hockey was silly after the mighty ducks. not the movies, but the actual team. and then i attended a live game a few years ago while holidaying in america, and thought it was bullshit because all the in-game breaks (or team switching or whatever it is) were regulated by commercial breaks for TV coverage

baseketball strikes yet again

onewecallgod

donkeyknob said:
all the in-game breaks (or team switching or whatever it is) were regulated by commercial breaks for TV coverage
thats american media for you

donkeyknob

is it like that for every sport? i used to occasionaly watch gridiron on TV and that didnt seem like it was media whored, but then again i never caught a live game

hanzmoleman007

I live in Canada where hockey is HUGE!! Almost everyone I meet knows tons of stats, goes to games( $100+ tickets for pro) and breaths hockey.
....I hate it and don't care that the NHL is back on for the new season.
It's the sport of asses!

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
I personally can't wait until hockey starts back up.