Chankast Speed Problem

SuperVegito

Chankast Speed Problem
Let me introduce my problem:

SYSTEM CONFIQ: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/mushfiquejk/systemnfo.jpg

Now, the p[roblem is, when i just start cvs2, the speed is very high (around 110 fps) . When i start the fight, it is around 70 fps. Then slowly fater few battles the speed decreses to 30-40 fps. What is causing this problem? How can i solve it? HELP

hagbard

That's usual with Chankast. From the Official Chankast manual:
Official Chankast Manual said:
The "CPU 100" displays the current speed of the SH4, the main CPU in the dreamcast console. Since Chankast v0.2, you have the possibility to overclock and underclock the CPU to affect the emulation speed during gameplay with the following keys:

+ Overclock the SH4

- Undercolock the SH4

The clock speed ranges from 50% up to any value you can imagine. If you have a slow PC, you might gain some speed if you underclock the CPU slightly. Faster PCs can get more FPS than the actual dreamcast by increasing the clock rate - useful by getting past slowdowns or other stuff.

SuperVegito

Actually my problem is not that much related to speed. The problem is that the FPS doesnot stay constant at around 50 to 60 fps. It starts with around 70 fps, but as i go on playing, the framerate decreases and goes to blow 30 fps. How can i have a steady framerate?

hagbard

I think there's no solution for this problem appart from what I've said. Only newer Chankast version might fix it, if someday we see another version released. :msn_clock

Last edited:

hagbard

Try the Capcom Hack option, but the unstable frmae rate is a know issue with Chankast and some (I'd say most) games.