new at this

K

kcv

hey guys im getting tired of downloading mame and kawaks beacuse every time i download the roms i check and it says its not available. i am new at this so i know i most likely am doing somthing wrong. cuz when i check for the games it says not avaliable. i basicly want to know how to check for bios,roms,games and how to install/use the programs correctly.

hagbard

Try the audit option of Mame32, for example, to see if a Rom sets is correct. It would list if some rom or bios it's missing or incorrect. Also ClrMame Pro & Romcenter do the job on a much more complete but a bit harder way.

For example, to play neogeo games, you need the neogeo bios ( neogeo.zip ) and place it in your roms folder/path

montpics

The most problematic about the rom changes or file changes would be NeoGeo games, so that would be obvious that your emulator is a bit different with the previous versions everytime you audit your NeoGeo romsets. :cool:

K

kcv

kawaks question

i just downloaded kawaks 1.5.4 and put a neogeo game into the neogeo folder with the bios and it still says not avaliable. do i have to unzip the folder or do something else?

hagbard

No need to unzip anything. Perhaps your NeoGeo bios it's not up to date. Try downloading a newer Bios set.
About finding cps1/2 games, it's not allowed to post links to Rom sites here.

montpics

kcv said:
i just downloaded kawaks 1.5.4 and put a neogeo game into the neogeo folder with the bios and it still says not avaliable. do i have to unzip the folder or do something else?
Did you mean that even NeoGeo bios couldn't be recognized from Kawaks by the time you audit the romsets? :confused:

hagbard

That depends from the audit results :rolleyes:

kcv said:
i just downloaded kawaks 1.5.4 and put a neogeo game into the i just downloaded kawaks 1.5.4 and put a neogeo game into the neogeo folder with the bios and it still says not avaliable. do i have to unzip the folder or do something else?neogeo folder with the bios and it still says not avaliable. do i have to unzip the folder or do something else?

What about place them on the Roms folder?

Last edited:
K

kcv

hey

i place the roms in the roms folder at first it finds 2 games from neogeo but it was
missing like 3files and i did the audit romset and it cant find those games anymore.

montpics

coffeeortea said:
oh yeah..i downloaded mame32 and i cant seem to insert coins or find a list that tells me the controls etc..
Default button for :
Insert coins <= 5
Start <====== 1

Configuration menu <= TAB

Note : That can be done while your is loaded an ran with the emulator. :cool:

Jale

coffeeortea said:
oh yeah..i downloaded mame32 and i cant seem to insert coins or find a list that tells me the controls etc..
heh, don't insert coins into floppy drive :p