What is your favorite "fighting game" and why?

Outrider

I can't decide. Over time, my fave fighting game changed and with 3D there are more good games.

2D: Garou - Mark of the Wolves, King of Fighters '98, Street Fighter 3trd Strike
3D: Tekken 4, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2

SNK is my favorite 2D fighting game vendor and for 3D fighting games its Namco. Also good catches are Fatal Fury Wild Ambition, Rival Schools, Bloody Roar, Super Smash Brothers, Samurai Shodown 4, Last Blade.

I never liked the Virtua Fighter series. But what I really hate is Mortal Kombat. It have the worst gameplay and no depth. From all popular fighting games, MK is the worst. I even liked Shaq-Fu better... And about Guilty Gear: Its a little bit funny, but I do not like it much (in the sense of gameplay, it has wonderful musics and design).

Killer Instinct for SNES was one of my faves too, back in time. But after time passed, I learned more and more games and better ones. From now, KI on SNES is not that good anymore.

Last edited:

testmachine

Old member
To me the Bloody Roar series are the best fighting games.They are made by Eighting/Raizing published by Hudson.

GameGirl35

I like the King of Fighters series, but yet to play the later editions of them.

LMH

I really liked Tekken in the old days. I want to play Marvel vs Capcom 3 to see what it's like

It looks good, plays well, has a lot of depth to it etc. If you're serious about 2D fighting games, it's definitely one you should have in your collection. However, there is a real lack of Street Fighter characters and for casual gamers (like my friends) it's just too noisy, overwhelmingly flashy and has too much to get to grips with (unlike Tekken, Soul Calibur etc.)

My favourite fighting game series has to be Tekken (even despite of the annoying loading times in Tekken 6). Street Fighter X Tekken is the favourite with me and my friends at the moment though. I love multiplayer fighting games that get everyone fired up and shouting :)

flanks

I'm rather new to fighting games; I only had someone teach me how to play in about 09. Super Street Fighter 4 (not arcade) is pretty rad, Mortal Kombat (the reboot) is real cool. I have a fondness for Darkstalkers, because the game is ridiculous and I may be the only person here to give serious love to Skullgirls.

I have a theory that to get into arcade fighting games (no good experience with tekken, but I've had some giggle on DOA for the 3DS), you need someone to seriously sit you down and play with you at a low level and explain to you how to pull off moves, when you might want to use them and some simple tactics. I've successfully done this with two people so far. Anyone else ever try to induct someone into the genre like this?

SuperMecha16

I don't really have a favourite ONE. Although, I do have a great soft spot for certain Fighters.

Draglade (Nintendo DS): It's a very colourful 2D fighting game with RPG elements and contains characters who each use a different but awesome weapon.
Soulcalibur V (PS3): It's creativity (Creation Mode) and fighting with several kinds of weapons blended in one.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii): You can play up to 4 while controlling one of your favourite Nintendo heroes, heroines or villains and you can create your own stages (it's just a game full of content).
Tech Romancer (Dreamcast): The true fighting game for a Mecha fan.

I personally prefer fighting games in which characters aren't all just a bunch of fist-brawlers.

KevinLockard

Not a big fan of fighting games, but it's a tie between Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers (Snes version) and Mortal Kombat 2 (Arcade version.)

gamepadlvr

Its to hard to pick a favorite,so ill list some of my favs:)
Eternal champions
Primal rage
Rampage
Mortal Kombat,in general.To many lol
Clay fighter
Resurrection:Rise 2
Virtua fighter
Tekken
Bushido Blade
Fight night round 2 & up

GameGirl35

I like the King of Fighters and Street Fighter series. I also like Soul Edge, Soul Calibur IV and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.