Metal Slug 4 & 5 on MAME

Clobius Bilfoy

I would like to play metal slug 4 & 5 on my Mame32k 0.90 Emulator, but i don't know how. I'm sure there are many out there just like me, i've searched many forums, but there's never a clear answer on what to do. I've already downloaded SOME versions of mslug 4 & 5, but they must be the wrong ones cuzz they don't work.

My Metal Slug 4 roms look like this:
ms4_c1.rom
ms4_c2.rom
ms4_c3.rom
ms4_c4.rom
ms4_c5.rom
ms4_c6.rom
ms4_m1.rom
ms4_p1.rom
ms4_p2.rom
ms4_s1.rom
ms4_v1.rom
ms4_v2.rom
ms4_v3.rom
ms4_v4.rom

My Metal Slug 5 roms look like this:

ms5_c1.rom
ms5_c2.rom
ms5_c3.rom
ms5_c4.rom
ms5_c5.rom
ms5_c6.rom
ms5_c7.rom
ms5_c8.rom
ms5_m1.rom
ms5_p1.rom
ms5_s1.rom
ms5_v1.rom
ms5_v2.rom
ms5_v3.rom
ms5_v4.rom

Does anybody know what I can do? If I downloaded the wrong roms do you know where to download good ones? Do I need Nebula? NeorageX? Please tell me what to do, I just want to play these awesome games.

-Clobius-

hagbard

Metal Slug 4 it's supported in Mame, Kawaks and FBA from the first 2005 versions.

Clobius Bilfoy said:
If I downloaded the wrong roms do you know where to download good ones?
It's not allowed to ask for Roms here.

montpics

Unless you compile/edit the romdata by yourself on MAME, FBA and Nebula as well, then it can be done to let your games to be played on your emulator. :cool:

Clobius Bilfoy

Why is it that we aren't allowed to request ROMS? And I REALLY don't wanna be a jerk, but is compiling/editing romdata hard? If not how do u do it? I hear Nebula will play metal slug 4, but you also need a loader. What is that exactly? And does Nebula really play it?

-Clobius-

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
You can post new DAT files but not loaders.

As for rom requests it's mostly a legal thing.

montpics

Clobius Bilfoy said:
Why is it that we aren't allowed to request ROMS? And I REALLY don't wanna be a jerk, but is compiling/editing romdata hard? If not how do u do it? I hear Nebula will play metal slug 4, but you also need a loader. What is that exactly? And does Nebula really play it?

-Clobius-
Sometimes is easy and sometimes is hard, depends on how patience you are. Try to look over in this subthread as this had been mentioned many times.

And yes. No request for loader/ROMs. Furthermore, only Nebula v2.23 does not need the usage of loader. You just need to edit the Dat file that's all. :cool: