I REALY need help starting a game up

zios

Could someone or something help get the MAME roms started? Do I download the rom first or the MAME? what do I do !? someone plEEEEEASE help me!
( i find the other games like the snes easier to download!)

flipknoc

I got the same problems with the roms. I already have them in my "roms" folder and they're all zipped. I'm getting these errors:

084a-p1.bin NOT FOUND
084-s1.bin NOT FOUND
sfix.sfx NOT FOUND
sp-s2.sp1 NOT FOUND
sm1.sm1 NOT FOUND
084-m1.bin NOT FOUND
000-lo.lo NOT FOUND
084-v1.bin NOT FOUND
084-v2.bin NOT FOUND
084-v3.bin NOT FOUND
084-c1.bin NOT FOUND
084-c2.bin NOT FOUND
084-c3.bin NOT FOUND
084-c4.bin NOT FOUND
084-c5.bin NOT FOUND
084-c6.bin NOT FOUND
084-c7.bin NOT FOUND
084-c8.bin NOT FOUND

If anyone knows a link with a step-by-step instructions with installing mame32/roms that would be great. Thanks.

hagbard

not only the bios but also you're missing the whole rom set

zios

oh my god! not again!

I am trying to play some games like lastblade 2 and some other games, but they don't work! they are on the MAME list and everything! someone help! if you can...

Zach

Well if you downloaded the ZIP file for the game, and its named right, the only reason it won't play is that you are missing files from the ZIP.

And of course some games just don't play right, so you never know.. But you have to give specifics besides "it doesnt work" or we can't really tell you what might be wrong

hagbard

To play NeoGeo games you need to get the NeoGeo Bios, named neogeo.zip and place it on your roms folder. Some other emulated hardware needs its Bios to run, make a forum search to find every Mame Bios if you want to know it

Last edited: