Project 64 not recognizing my keyboard...

Squishy Crayons

I have the Project 64 emulator. Recently I got a PS2 to USB convertor so I could play computer games with my PS2 controller. It worked fine. But today my I was playing with it as Player 1 and my brother wanted to play with the keyboard as Player 2, but his controls weren't working. So I set my controller to the keyboard and his to PS2 controller, but his worked and mine didn't.

I then set the controls to default which is the keyboard, but it still didn't work.

I tried playing Super Mario 64 but it said No Controller.

My keyboard is working fine. I'm pretty sure Ctrl or Alt isn't stuck, so can someone please tell me what's wrong?

And I'm using the Jabo's DirectInput Pugin.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Squishy Crayons

That's what it looks like for Player 1

c8970b0b.bmp

And this for Player 2, Player 3, and Player 4

c8970b0b.bmp

Should I just reinstall the emulator?

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
the pics are too small. try making them thumbnails or making them larger.

jv9

Gamepad

In Player 1 you have to change the Game Device: to your Gamepad controller name.
So in the box it should say for example "Logitech WingMan Precision USB Gamepad"
19bv.png

Also Check the box below "Controller is plugged in".
28nc1.png

If you want to save your game check the box right of "Controller is plugged in" to "Memory Pak".
31gf.png

And ofcourse you have to also assign the controllers.

Keyboard

In Player 2 change the Game Device: to None.
43zw.png

Also Check the box below "Controller is plugged in".
If you want to save your game check the box right of "Controller is plugged in" to "Memory Pak".
And ofcourse you have to also assign the controllers.

Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Squishy Crayons

Yeah, thanks, that was the problem. I didn't check "Controller is plugged in" box for Player 2. I thought controller only meant for gaming devices, not keyboard.

Thanks a lot.