Terrorist Footage

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Neco@Jan 7 2004, 03:05 PM
If the enemy was killing you they would be cheering, and if you were killing someone you probably would be too.

Personally I don't give a fuck, thats what happens when people go to war. If people want to prove a point, they should go find pictures of them shooting kids, or raping women
You didn't watch it, did you? They weren't cheering because they just won a battle against dangerous armed men. They were cheering because they got a hick-kick out of killing a cowering, unarmed man who wasn't a threat.

Zach

This is only a case of the camera showing you what it wants you to see.

Neither scenario can really be effectively proved without viewing said footage in its entirety

And give me a fucking break, that soldiers interview was so cut up, even you of all people should know it was probably butchered to promote a single biased viewpoint.

Also, please note the CNN logo.

If it said FOX I might give a damn. They are the only people that actually reported accurate information over here. They pushed their own agenda at the same time, but they didn't spew bullshit liberal crap like ohhh we are losing we are doomed we are killing civilians by the dozen oooo

Fuck I am glad I am an independant.

J

Jet Set Willy

Perhaps. You don't need to get so worked up about it though.

I don't really trust that the guy was talking about anything else than the killing of the helpless guy, but it would be good if it wasn't cut up in the middle

Nobody is as independant as they like to think they are.

Zach

My tone on this subject is often hard because I see so many clueless people talking about every day, when they really don't know what they are looking at.

And I'm not calling you clueless, but lord knows there are plenty of people out there that will believe something because someone told them.

As for my being an independant I am quite so.

I don't hold preference to any one political party or politician, I go with the person who shares my viewpoints, thinks how I do, and makes promises I think they can deliver, and above all that, they have to be sincere about it.

And in the case of Bush, I probably would vote for him.

I don't agree with a lot of his shit either. But when all I see is a bunch of two-bit democrats whining about blood for oil, and digging up dirt and throwing their shit at each other, the one guy I know who is sincere in what he believes and will actually DO what he says is Bush.

He's already got his re-election anyway, he has more money than anyone and still hasn't utilizsed the internet

J

Jet Set Willy

In my opinion, being truly independant would involve only voting for the power which enforces your viewpoints 100%. Obviously that's not possible without being that person yourself. This isn't really relevant though.

I think there should be stricter rules on the editing of news items. I also think that most reporters should have their hands cut off.

Gosia

i just dont read or watch the american news media, because frankly i know most of its bull shit. bbc (even though its really boring) has the rigth idea in my oppinion. and slashdot.com is almost always a good read even though its just a public forum really. dont bother watching cnn or fox, its almost always god bless america this, france sucks that, george bush is the best this, the left is an evil group of gay and abortion supporters that.

J

Jet Set Willy

No, fucking no. Slashdot is not a good read. Slashdot is just where you go if you can't think for yourself, and if seeing "MICRISOOSOSFT IS TEH EVILS!!!!!" constantly appeals to you. Slashdot defines the word "zealot", and is possibly the most intensely irritating place on the 'net.

BCC news might be better than average news, but it's still often dumbed-down and missing the key facts.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yes, I use that for all of my newsly needs. It gives you an instant cross-section of various sources.