PS2 Emu

gilby

I have one question about the Ps2emu (pcsx2). I have the newest version, got everything installed right (bios, plugins, etc), and it appears to be working correctly with one problem; it's running slow as hell, like practically one frame at a time. I took a look at the performance tab under task manager and it stated that my cpu was running at 100% capacity (odd). It's a 2.4GHz intel celeron on a stock dell dimension (somewhat crappy, yes). I tried changing my settings for graphics and CPU in every way possible and I still get the same result (e.g utilizing frame skipping or not, etc). The game itself i never even got to look at cuz it was just going really slow on the "sony computer entertainment" intro thing. SO, I'm just gonna assume that my comp is not fast enough to handle the emulator, cpu specifically. Anyone else think that this is a valid reason for this super slow running?

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
No PS2 emulators run any PS2 YET. PS2 emulation is fairy new. Give it a few more years and we should start seeing games running on a PS2 emualtor.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
ps2 emus work but they just run slow as HELL like you experianced. like chewbacca said just wait and we'll start to see progress.

gilby

Ok......

ok so what does the ps2 emu actually do then? nothing at all? if what you're saying is correct, why even make the emulator available if it doesn't run anything? Is it so the whole gaming community can try to improve on it themselves over time then? :confused:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
they post it then ask for people to test it then they(im talking about developers in general) post updates to show thier improvements.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
gilby said:
ok so what does the ps2 emu actually do then? nothing at all? if what you're saying is correct, why even make the emulator available if it doesn't run anything? Is it so the whole gaming community can try to improve on it themselves over time then? :confused:

Emulators that dont run commercial games at full speed can still run homebrew games that normal people make. There loads of free applications like tetris and freecell that people have made that work on an emulator before testing them on the real thing.