Winxp sp2 Problem

SuperVegito

Since i installed Winxp sp2 my emulators hang in the middle of the game for 30 seconds and run again.Is there any way to fix it?

hagbard

Perhaps your drivers, I'd say video or sound card, needs to be updated. Please post your system specs and emulators you got.

SuperVegito

My Computer System info:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/mushfiquejk/systemnfo.jpg

My emulators:
Epsxe 1.60
Gens32v2.28
Gens32v2.12b
mameplus 0.98-intel
neomame32p095
Neorage sp ver by happyasr
snes9x 1.43 win32
vba 1.7.2
vba 1.8.0b
zsnes 1.42 win32
winkawaks 1.54
winkawaks 1.46+loader
nebula 2.23+loader

I have updated my video adaptor from nvidia website and i use my Built-in soundcard of my motherboard where the driver was given.I hope u can help me!

hagbard

Damm SP2. It looks to me another application it's in conflit with it, I'd say and antivirus probably. Try disconnect from the network, then disable your antivirus sofware and see if your emus run ok. Hope it helps :)

montpics

Hmmm, I should test ePSXe only on SP2 later on. Will give you a feedback then.

Luckilly I have 4 OS'es on my PC. :laugh:

Jale

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition that comes with SP2 and all emulators work fine for me. I agree with hagbard, they're driver conflicts.

Try getting all updated drivers from their manufacturer's website, like your nVidia card: http://www.nvidia.com and so on. They should give them to you for free.

Last edited:

hagbard

I forgot to say I also have XP Pro SP2. The only problem I actually found was the NTPAD XP drivers doesn't work (homebrew parallel port gamepad adaptor driver), and the PSXpad ones are unstable :p

montpics

hagbard said:
I forgot to say I also have XP Pro SP2. The only problem I actually found was the NTPAD XP drivers doesn't work (homebrew parallel port gamepad adaptor driver), and the PSXpad ones are unstable :p
A common problem for WinXP SP2 users. :rolleyes:

SuperVegito

Thanks a lot ,guys!
I formatted my pc updated my gfx driver and voila!
Mods can close this thread now!