• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

ASPI

the_ghost

emu wizard
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...age=English+US&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe&sess=no

I figured I'd put this here since sometimes people need it and they don't know that they do.

Adaptecs own version of Force ASPI.
This will install Adaptecs ASPI Layer on your computer.
Sometimes your emulator won't recognize your CD-ROM drive untill you install
this.
Remember to reboot and then run aspichk.exe [highlight]after[/highlight] running
aspiinst.exe
to make sure it was installed corectly

Last edited:

hagbard

Actually it's ForceASPI which is a version, I'd say an alternate installer, of the original ASPI from Adaptec. It's much more recommended if you ask me, as it's easier to fix and remove a bad installation

Last edited:

the_ghost

emu wizard
hagbard said:
Actually it's ForceASPI which is a version, I'd say an alternate installer, of the original ASPI from Adaptec. It's much more recommended if you ask me, as it's easier to fix and remove a bad installation

Very True.
I would have put that link instead but I didn't have it.^
any ways, Its still a usefull thing to have no matter where you get it from.

My link or Hagbards same thing...exept Hagbards link lets you backup and
uninstall it very easily. <--- Its where I got mine from (I keep an archived copy of it for backup purposes)

Or use Ahead's(Nero) driver...

Last edited:

hagbard

Anyway I see this thread pretty useful, well done :)

subconscious

Well, I did what was said , but I'm still haveing a problem, I get an errorafter trying to config which drive the emulator needs to read from to play cd's. I don't know if its because its been so long since I have made a emulator or and I just forgetting to do something, any how I was also woundering if I needed anything in the patches folder. Hmmmm its been a while...All I want to do is play castlevaina!

Last edited: