Old Skool Games Issue # 3 Out!!!

RockY

L H D T P M
The third release of this great gaming magazine is finally available for download.

This issue has a special theme about war games, celebrating the 229 years of Independence.

Happy 4'th of July

Get the issue from the Official Site

Last edited:

Zach

I really don't know what to say about the corrupt file deal guys.

I have been meaning to try out other download scripts, but truth be told there are not many available that function the way I wish them too. I don't want to risk paying for a script either and still have people complaining about corrupt downloads.

So I'm kind of at a loss.. I really need a system that can store stuff and call it, but keep everything hidden, so the site doesn't get hotlinked to hell.

Zach

I don't like the idea of having to install a plugin or anything like that. So I will just look into alternate php scripts for the time being..

Btw, Old Skool Games is 3 seperate words :)

Last edited:

montpics

Downloading...... DONE! :p

Zach

Well I have gone through almost every download script under the sun, so some of these problems have got to be user generated or something.

I dunno.. try clearing your cache, deleting previously donwloaded files of the same name (or similar name as with Mozilla), and reboot and then try

That's all I can offer you.. Could be anything though.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Neco said:
All I can say is try another browser

I never liked Opera anyway
Lefteris_D said:
It stops right there with everything...
Everything = IE, Firefox, Opera, Reget, Flashget...

I guess I'm doomed but if it works for others just let it be.

Zach

Ok.. Well I don't know what to say.. I assumed by everything you had meant all issues or something, anyway... I'd love to know what all these big gaming sites and crap use and how they get perfect DL's

I've also considered bit torrent, however I don't have a connection to really function as a seeder for a good amount of time. If you or anyone else is interested in seeding and can do it 'round the clock I'd love to discuss it

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
mine didnt work when i first downloaded it. however after i came back and did it again (using internet explorer) it worked pefectly. btw neco its a very good issue. i wish it had more articles besides game reviews. interviews and opinions from the editor and what not. otherwise i think its perfect. the reviews are very accurate (platoon is a horrible game =-D). cant wait to read the rest.

Zach

I've also made a small change to the script just now, and took the user/pass off the protected directory. Don't know if it will help or not, but we'll see