Old Skool Games Issue # 3 Out!!!

RockY

L H D T P M
Strange...
The downloads from test page are not working for me this time...

I'm at 600k though

Jale

It works fine for me :mellow:

Spoiler »
untitled6hh.png

Zach

I just don't understand how two seperate scripts can start throwing problems.. Its happened on two different totally unrelated web servers as well.

Everything seems to point to end user issues... Is it possible anit-virus programs or anything are interfering on your end ?

Lefty,
DO you know of a site wite a good DL script that doesn't "mess up" files you download from them ? One that works like mine do that is.. masking the file location, blocking hotlink attempts, etc...

This is driving me nutts and I am going to go insane

RockY

L H D T P M
RockY said:
Strange...
The downloads from test page are not working for me this time...

I'm at 600k though

Ok

I'm using a different connection and it's working great... strange why won't work at home...?

Last edited:

Zach

Everyone, tell me what speed you were downloading at.. were you on 56k ??

I just restriced my download to 4Kb/sec and couldn't even finish downloading issue #1.. I think I may have identified the problem but I need to hear from you guys about your connection speeds

Jale

Issue #1 - 1.4 MB - 17 KB/s.
Issue #2 - 762 KB - 18.2 KB/s.
Issue #3 - 516 KB - 19.6 KB/s.

All of them sucessfull.

Zach

What about you rocky.. You need to be more specific.. You said it worked in one location, but not in another.. So which one did those numbers come from ?

RockY

L H D T P M
What about you rocky.. You need to be more specific.. You said it worked in one location, but not in another.. So which one did those numbers come from ?

At home I have Cable 400kb/s

At work I have DSL 1.5MB/s

It still not working at home, It is probably I.E.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
I get "Unexpected end of archive" when trying to open the zip file with WinRAR. I've tried several times and get the same results eveytime.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
That's an incomplete download you have there. It is the same problem I had before he made the latest changes.

kilikulai

yeh .. he prob used a modem .. i have the best computer in the world lol and still get incomplete winrar downloads ... i get the same error ... next time jay .. download the file again and dont do anything and if it still stops half way ... well get a better mirror lol ... or download shareaza and u can pause and download just about anything u would ever ever want for free .. its really awsome so try it lol

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor 3200+
2.01 ghz, 1024 megs of ram ... 200 gigs
256 meg video card .. cost me 800$ lol ... the second best u can get yet for radeon .... 19 inch lcd monitor .. 400 watt 5.1 speakers lol... anyone try to beat that lol .. well .. w/e lol